Monday, October 28, 2013

Maddie Match

Also at the last agility trial, we lucked out at having another practice match that Maddie could play in.  The really neat thing is that many clubs are offering the match in both the Standard and Jumpers rings. Maddie is not ready to play on the big Standard obstacles just yet so Jumpers is perfect for us.
It is definitely time to raise the jumps and I am working on that, but I did not want to surprise Maddie with something higher than she is really used to.


All in all, the baby dog did great!  She jumped, tunneled, and tugged.  She was a little bolder about going off to do her own thing once or twice, but she quickly responded to my call.


I also had a chance to work on the 2X2 weave poles with my trainer.  Wow, what a difference a tweak can make!  I also borrowed the DVD again for a refresher so we are finally on the right track with those. I will post a video of that soon.

Awesome photos by Maggie Fan!

10 comments:

Team Zero Gravity said...

I look forward to watching Maddie's debut into competing in agility someday.

I LOVE 2x2s and think it's probably the best way to teach weaves :)

What Remains Now said...

She looks like she's having a great time. Way to go, Maddie!

gyeong said...

The focus and concentration on both your faces. You mean business.

Claire Krigbaum said...

Wow, gorgeous photos! I am in love with the one second from the last! How fun!

Hazel said...

It looked to me like both Maddie and Jenifer are happy doing this!

Janette Ash said...

Awesome photos, Maddie looks like she is having a lot of fun.

houndstooth said...

Those photos of her are fantastic! I was wondering if you find it hard to keep weight on her at her age. I ask because I feel like we're having a really tough time keeping weight on our own black puppy hound.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Wonderful photos and Maddie is doing so well! Looks like she is going to be a lot of fun and very successful :)

Greyhounds Aren't Grey said...

She looks like a pro already. Our girl is growing up!

Trina said...

So great to see how well she is doing!!!Can't wait to see her in her first competition!