Monday, September 12, 2011

Complaint For the Day

Today's X-Ray

Riley's hock fracture has not healed.  In fact, today's x-ray (above) does not appear that different from the x-ray taken right after surgery (below).  I am truly disappointed.  I was not sure what to expect, but I was not expecting that news.  Dr. G (the surgeon) is sending today's x-rays to Dr. GOG (Greyhound Ortho God) to see what his opinion is.  Dr. G and Dr. C (my vet), both said it surgically looks good, it is just slow healing for some reason.  My vet said it happens sometimes, but that it still makes you nervous when it does.  We are waiting to hear from Dr. GOG before we formulate a plan, but my ears started bleeding when he said something about four weeks. 
Six Weeks Ago

At least there is one doctor that will tell me what I want to hear... Dr. Pepper.  I love Dr. Pepper!
Jen:  Oh, Dr. Pepper. I love you so much.  You taste so good.

Dr. Pepper:  No need to worry, Jen.  Riley will be healed by morning and she will still be able to compete and win the AKC Agility Invitational.

Jen:  Really?  That is so great to hear, Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper:  By the way, you look really pretty today.

Jen:  Awww... Dr. Pepper, you know just what to say to a girl.