Monday, September 12, 2011

Complaint For the Day

Today's X-Ray

Riley's hock fracture has not healed.  In fact, today's x-ray (above) does not appear that different from the x-ray taken right after surgery (below).  I am truly disappointed.  I was not sure what to expect, but I was not expecting that news.  Dr. G (the surgeon) is sending today's x-rays to Dr. GOG (Greyhound Ortho God) to see what his opinion is.  Dr. G and Dr. C (my vet), both said it surgically looks good, it is just slow healing for some reason.  My vet said it happens sometimes, but that it still makes you nervous when it does.  We are waiting to hear from Dr. GOG before we formulate a plan, but my ears started bleeding when he said something about four weeks. 
Six Weeks Ago

At least there is one doctor that will tell me what I want to hear... Dr. Pepper.  I love Dr. Pepper!
Jen:  Oh, Dr. Pepper. I love you so much.  You taste so good.

Dr. Pepper:  No need to worry, Jen.  Riley will be healed by morning and she will still be able to compete and win the AKC Agility Invitational.

Jen:  Really?  That is so great to hear, Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper:  By the way, you look really pretty today.

Jen:  Awww... Dr. Pepper, you know just what to say to a girl.

18 comments:

4-legged Wiums said...

Oh what a huge shame :(
I hope the super-vet figures out how to fix it!

jet said...

Aw, poor Riley, poor you! I really hope that it is just a bit slow healing and that it will be all good in 4 more weeks :P

Angela J. said...

What a disapointment for you both! You must be so frustrated with the results after all that down time...

andrea said...

awwwww Jen

hang in there

(comfrey is said to be good for knitting broken bones together)

houndstooth said...

Oh damn! I am SO sorry! I think I'd have had a nervous breakdown right there in the vet's office if I'd been expecting to take the splint off and they told me another four weeks. I hope she gets out of it before that!

Mad Red Hare said...

Bummer. I know you were hoping for a different outcome today. Hope you get some good news soon!

Tucker The Crestie said...

Oh, no! We're really sorry to hear this. We'll be watching for more news. (Dr. Pepper always says the right thing!)

Hiking Hounds said...

That is really a bummer, I'm so sorry. That would make me pretty upset too. At least you have Dr. Pepper. I think I'll have to get me one too. :-)

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

I'm so very sorry:( I was really looking forward to reading a happy 'success' post! You will be feeling so disappointed and frustrated. I hope the next 4 weeks go quickly *sigh*.

I've heard of Dr Pepper but that's all. I have no idea of the significance, lol!

Thanks for your comments, Jen. You helped more than you could imagine.

gyeong said...

Oh that sucks. Another 4 weeks? Hope Riley is on her best behavior for you. Diet Dr. Pepper is my soda of choice.

Two Greyhound Town said...

Oh no! I can only imagine your disappointment. I hope it's just a slow healer.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks for all the sympathies.. Now that I have slept on it, I am quite sad and have a million questions. I hope that I hear from the ortho today. Having no plan in place is tough for me. I just really can't believe this is happening. I had not idea what to expect, but it definitely was not this.

Greyhounds Can Sit, Dr. Peppers is a soda that I am hopelessly addicted to. I hope to quit it one day, but never going to happen during a time of stress. :-)

Cat said...

Dr Pepper dialogue is so much better than Yoplait :)

Witty Angel said...

What a bummer. That is some of the most frustrating news to get.

Kathy said...

It just suck royally, Jen!

Winnie said...

I am so sorry to hear how sad your news has made you. It must be tough and frustrating.

The dialogue with Dr Pepper did make me smile though.

Love and licks, Winnie

Katie said...

Gah! So frustrating! Hurry up, Riley's hock? What are you waiting for?

Michelle said...

Sorry Jen! Hoping 4 weeks flies by and you and Riley are back to doing what you love. :)
That Dr. Pepper does know just what to say. LOL!!