Friday, September 9, 2011

Bookends

"Riley"
A few months ago, a photographer was doing a project for a pet boutique in Atlanta. She needed unique photos of different breeds and put in a request for greyhounds. I offered up Riley and Seven.  These photos were actually taken outside on a very cloudy day while each dog was standing on my agility table. As a thank you, the photographer sent me these prints in color and black and white. The color prints were my favorite. I will eventually have them framed for my office.
"Seven"


As I type, 75 more hours until Riley's appointment with the orthopedic vet.  She is being such a pain in the butt these last few days.  Monday cannot come fast enough.  I do not think it has helped that it has gone from 95 degrees to 65 degrees instantly.  Unfortunately, she is starting to get a couple of sores around her feet.  It is probably because I have been allowing too much activity.  I have taken her to PetSmart and to agility class a couple of times to walk around and socialize for a few minutes.  I am really going to be hard on her this weekend.  No toys and no outings.  The sores are very small and minor... and I want to keep it that way.  It is suppose to be back in the 80's this weekend so I am hoping I can have her out in the warm sun for awhile.  May my weekend fly... while yours goes slowly.

9 comments:

Mad Red Hare said...

Those photos are gorgeous! You are very lucky to have those. Such beauties, although, I am partial to those brindles. I know you will both be so glad when Monday gets here!

Tarmar said...

These are beautiful pictures!

So glad to hear that the wait is almost over. Looking forward to reading more blogs about Riley's adventures sans cast!

Michelle said...

Those prints are amazing!! Hope your weekend pans out the way you want it to go. :)

houndstooth said...

Those photos are fantastic! I can see why you love them.

Oh, I remember the last days with Blue's splint! I was REALLY tempted to take it off on my own beforehand. I honestly am not sure which of us was the happiest when that thing came off! May Monday smile upon you and Riley both!

What Remains Now said...

The pictures of Riley and Seven are gorgeous. So noble.

Hoping all goes well Monday and that it gets here quickly for you. Nothing like a discontent Greyhound to make life miserable.

Tucker The Crestie said...

Beautiful photos of Riley and Seven. We will be crossing paws that all goes well at Riley's vet appointment.

angelofthemind said...

Absolutely stunning pictures! Hope that Riley's appointment goes well!

gyeong said...

Beautiful photos. We're all counting down with you :)

Winnie said...

Great photos.

Crossing my paws that all goes well on Monday.

Love and licks, Winnie