Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Never Satisfied

Due to the sprained toe and hock fracture, Riley has missed most of her agility classes this summer.  I did not want to lose my spot in class so I began bringing Seven to the class in Riley's place.  Seven really was not ready for an advanced agility class with international style courses, but she has surprisingly held her own better than we all expected.  Weave poles still need work, but her debut should be sometime this fall.  I am trying to decide whether to just wait until November when Riley is back or if I should debut her locally in October.  Regardless, this means that Seven needs to be officially named and recorded by the American Kennel Club.
I almost named her "Quit Licking Me" as it is very fitting and I use the phrase often, but I have decided to name her "Never Satisfied".  Seven is wonderful to train.  She loves it and would train all day long if time allowed.  Even when it hot and sunny, she puts forth an effort like none of my other greyhounds.
But otherwise Seven is a big pain in the butt.  She is always under foot, is always searching for something to do, is always planting herself in the middle of anything going on, and screams and yelps when things do not go her away.  She rarely appears to be content with the status quo.  The grass is always greener somewhere else. Her unsatisfied nature makes her tough to live with at times. 

18 comments:

jet said...

I hope that she does well!! I think that is a great name for Seven from what we know of her so far!

What Remains Now said...

I'll look forward to hearing Seven's training stories. I had a little chuckle over Seven's proposed name of "Quit Licking Me." We adopted a new Greyhound "Silver Nikita"...Nikki, or as I like to call her, "Licky Nikki." Freedom and Casper aren't lickers so her affectionate licking is taking some getting used too. Hope Riley is doing well.

IHeartDogs said...

Good luck Seven!
Maybe you should add Pain in the Butt with Never Satisfied, lol.

I wonder if her attitude will change as she gets older? Sometimes these greyhounds retain puppy antics for so long...

gyeong said...

Funny how the same traits that might make her a superior agility dog, are the same ones that are annoying in everyday life.

Tucker The Crestie said...

Love the name!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

It's a perfect name!

K-Koira said...

Isn't it funny how performance people always get the dogs that other people dread having in their house, and we celebrate the dog's crazy energy, go-go-go, ways of thinking everything through (even things we would rather they just left alone).

jerZgirl said...

Love the name! Can't wait to see how she does when she trials!

Mad Red Hare said...

Sounds like the name fits! She is super cute though!

andrea said...

Great name :)

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha! "Quit Licking Me" is a name my husband would use! One day, those qualities that make her so tough to live with now will seem endearing. ;)

Jennifer said...

I love her name!

Are NGA greyhounds able to get "full" AKC registration, or do you get ILP numbers?

Jen

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

But usually the pain in the butt dogs are nice to live with once they have an outlet... no so with Seven. :-)

I just do ILP numbers (called PAL now). If you have the actual NGA gold registration papers, you can do full AKC registration. I probably should consider it. There may come a time when PAL dogs are not invited to Invitationals. And honestly, they probably shouldn't be. I'm running purebred greyhounds, but the "chows" representing the year I went were clearly not full chows. I have a friend who showed a "coonhound", but she was part lab. Really not fair to get credit for such a tough breed when you have something biddable in the mix. OK that was a long answer. :-)

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Great choice for Seven's name!

I think you're quite enjoying the challenge that Seven is ... most of the time, lol!

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Awesome! Can't wait for Seven's debut!

Sam Burton said...

Seven is,you know, a lucky number. So I say, let the little bird fly in October.

Kathy said...

Pain in the butt now, awesome dog later. Love her new registered name.

Michelle said...

The name choice is very fitting. Best of luck to you and Seven.