Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!  To my non-USA readers, the 4th of July is basically America's birthday and most Americans enjoy the day off!
My niece, Peanut, making the most of the day.

Of course, Riley and I were on TV again yesterday.  Part 2 did air despite not ever being listed.  Thank goodness a friend happened upon it and texted me just in time so I did not miss it (Thank you, Cat!).  I am hoping I can pull my portion from my in-laws' DVD recordings and upload to my blog for all to see.

Lastly, I thought this was an interesting patriotic story.  Not a dog, but actually a horse, but I figure we are all animal lovers here.

10 comments:

browndogcbr said...

Hi Y'all,

It's cryin' time here. My Human grew up on a horse farm and she and Papa had horses their entire life. Papa and 5 brothers all saw combat duty in Korea or Vietnam. The video of Sgt Reckless has Momma cryin'.

Hope y'all are enjoyin' the 4th of July!

Hawk aka BrownDog

Michelle said...

Happy 4th!! Maggie says she would love to join Peanut in that pool! :)

4-legged Wiums said...

Happy 4th of July, all the way from New Zealand!

jcp said...

Thanks for sharing. What a great story!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Happy 4th of July! I did not get the day off :( I hope I can catch you guys either on TV or if you can post the video here eventually.

Cat said...

GREAT story :)

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

My Nut has such a hard life!...very interesting about Reckless!

gyeong said...

Happy 4th! Still haven't been able to catch you on the tube. Maybe it will make it online soon.

ava&augie's mum said...

OMG! I have a photo of my deeply missed Papaw with this horse during the Korean War. My mom told me all she knew was that it was a very famous horse that served in the Marines. Papaw was an Army man 2x wounded but was happy to pay a sitting fee to have his pic made with her when on R&R. I never knew anything about the horse. He did tell my Mom that the horse was higher ranked than him and thought it was very funny.
Thank you,

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Ava, that is so cool!!!