Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blogger PSA

Just a quick public service announcement for Blogspot bloggers.  Some of you may have noticed you are getting less comments.  I have found that I am unable to comment from my home and work computers if you have your Comment Setting set to "Embedded Below Post".  When I try to comment, it toggles between the comment screen and the sign in screen, but never recognizes that I am ever signed in.  I have tried to email those of you that have emails available, but thought I would do this post for the rest of you.

You can correct the problem, if you go to your Blogspot dashboard and click "Design" (you can see my tutorial photos in a larger format if you double click on the photo).
Click on "Settings" tab.
Click "Comments".
Change to the "full page" or the "pop up window".
Here are a few blogs I used to, but currently cannot comment on:
Apex Agility Greyhounds

Greyt Days

Hiking Hounds

4-Legged Wiums

16 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the info! I changed my settings.

Sara said...

Thanks :) Changed mine, too!

Kinipella said...

Urg, I hate when things get changed without notice on these social networking sites. Thanks for the info, Jen! I hope Seven is feeling better :).

Hiking Hounds said...

Thanks! I just changed mine not too long ago. I'll fix it! Caron

4-legged Wiums said...

that's really strange!!! I found that I can't comment on some blogs in Internet Explorer, but if I use Google Chrome, it's fine.
We did wonder why we weren't getting any blog comments!

whygreyhounds said...

I have noticed this too...Thanks for the info to change our settings. :-)

jet said...

yep I'm having the same issues with commenting on blogs from work (where I am forced to use internet explorer)

thanks for posting the PSA!

gyeong said...

Thanks for the info. What was so wrong that they had to update and mess things up? No wonder people are flocking to WordPress

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I've never throught about checking out the other blog sources, but that is probably why folks are changing to Wordpress and such. I sometimes find the editing of this stuff so complicated, but I seem to have a system and format down that works.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

A good idea to post this, Jen. I never would have known if you hadn't emailed me. And if nobody tells us we have a problem then we don't know we've got one and can't rectify it:)

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Thanks for the note. I changed my settings, so hopefully that helps!

E.A. said...

Thanks - I have suspected that I have this problem, as my friends have said they have commented but nothing has appeared. I will change my setting. Thanks again.

browndogcbr said...

Hi Y'all,

Found y'all through What Dogs Do.

Congratulations on y'alls Award! I'll enjoy following you.

I was also interested in what said about changing comment so pops up.
Unfortunately, I don't use the old format, but use blogger in draft, and the entire thing is not allowing any changes. The prompts are different, but when I go to save any changes, it won't allow them. I've been having the same problems commenting on blogs. Sigh. I'll have to hunt around and see if I can change back.

Thanks for the heads up on how to fix comments.

Y'all come by now...even if I don't have comments fixed.
Hawk aka BrownDog

browndogcbr said...

Hi Y'all! Again!

Got it fixed so comments "pop up".

Thank you!
Hawk aka BrownDog

Yvonne said...

Thankyou lovely Lady

Nibs said...

Thank you! It was very kind of you to help me out with this tip! Have a lovely day! xx