Friday, June 18, 2010

Farm Visit

Riley and I visited with my sister and played on the horse farm last weekend. It is always a lovely way to spend a weekend. I debated about bringing Reagan, but decided to leave her behind and go with no worries.
Riley meeting Lester, my sister's thoroughbred.
I practiced lots of recalls with Riley as we hiked the 60 acres of pasture.  She did really well.
I saved about 15 frogs from the broken hot tub that keeps filling up with rain water.  It was gross.  Several frogs had died already and those that were alive were trapped.  It was not easy to be their hero.


The rest of the farm was as beautiful as it always is.
Lester is very accommodating when Denise is hosing off his nether region.  Denise looks like she is having fun too.
Go ahead, Riley, you are getting a bath later.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like Riley had a great time. Hopefully soon, Reagan can you join all on famr visits.

houndstooth said...

That looks like a great place to be a dog, or a horse, but maybe a frog not so much! Riley sure looked like she was having a great day! That hot tub is not going to be a fun job for somebody. Ewww!

Lindsay said...

That farms looks like so much fun!! My guys would be totally jealous!

Sandy ~~~ said...

Yeah for the lucky dog! Our Creel lives on 5 acres and has a great time herding "his" 3 miniature horses and little donkey around the place. They race up and down the fenceline, much like the dogs early in their lives -- very competitive! (With Creel winning most of the "races"!)

Aragon greyhounds said...

Recalls are lovely. Farm looks fabulous. Am jealous of it-would love to live on a place like that.

whygreyhounds said...

Lovely farm and Riley's recalls are great. Lets hope Reagan can join in too soon !

Sam said...

Insanely jealous! Beautiful, beautiful.. I think I'd kill to be around horses again (hosing their nether-regions and everything!)

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Thanks Jen, great pic and yes Less is always accomadating in that area. Now it really does look like I've turned into the " Crazy Sheath Cleaning Lady", but at least I am riding again:-)

cindi said...

Seriously that looks like my friends John & Laura's barn/pond area. They live in Georgia too... It must be a doppelganger farm!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Cindi, you would be correct! The farm belongs to John and Laura. :-)