Friday, May 28, 2010

Husband Agility

I earned major good wife gold stars last weekend when I skipped a dog agility trial to attend Stephen's agility trial of sorts. Luckily it was a 3-day dog agility trial so I was still able to compete Riley twice anyway (Friday and Sunday).
It is called Warrior Dash. It is a 5k race and obstacle course.

People dressed up for the occasion... Or dressed down...
Or something...
Other dog lovers competed...Tire jump...Panel jump...Slog through the mud... glad we do not have this in dog agility.Fire jump... glad we do not have these in dog agility either.Dirty, happy husband.

All in all, it was quite an entertaining and I earned huge good wife points for documenting the event.

10 comments:

houndstooth said...

That looks like a hilarious event! At least you didn't have to let him carry you over his shoulder!

Sientay L said...

Looked like Stephen had a lot of fun. Paul and I have thought of doing something like that. A mud run, but the obstacles do not include jumping over fire.

Great job, Stephen.

BrittBeah said...

Oh my gosh! This looks fantastic!

Muttsandaklutz said...

That looks like fun! Maybe more fun to watch than do, though! ;-)

Sandy ~~~ said...

Good for you....now get on with (serious) stuff for the next year. They only do this once a year right? Looked more fun to shoot than do! ;-)

gyeong said...

That looks like a blast! The 'or something' pic makes me think of Olivia Newton John's recent appearance on Glee.

Bridget said...

What a great idea for a race, but I will have to tell you, those pictures -- it will take a lot to get those images out of my head. Good Lord what are people thinking!

Marie said...

That is hilarious! Was it a fundraiser for something?

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

It was hilarious! I'm not sure if it was a fundraiser or not. I checked online and I don't see a charity mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Green Sneakers (www.greensneakers.org) was a charity partner of the event.


Stephen the Husband