Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Red Headed Stepchild

Reagan is also doing great in obedience. Here she is working on her heeling. She often will sit with her rear to the outside. For some reason, I am not seeing it from my vantage point, but it is brought to my attention in class and when I watch our videos. It will result in some minor deductions, but at this point I am not picking too much at it.


Here, Reagan is working on fronts and finishes. She has a bad habit of correcting herself dramatically when she comes in crooked. Instead of doing a small movement to straighten up, she leaps and jumps. I generally give her a chance to straighten up and if not we start over.

10 comments:

greytblackdog said...

Honestly, she is so cute and happy when she is working, I don't know how you get angry with her :). I wish Roxy would do her fronts so nicely. She has ADHD. I'm certain of it. :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

She is cute and happy, but I will be getting to my frustration soon...

BrittBeah said...

She is so cute and prissy when she heels. Really makes it fun to watch her work.

houndstooth said...

You have to love greyhounds and their quirks! She looks so happy when she's working!

KF-in-Georgia said...

Gotta be rough, teaching a kangaroo to heel. ;)

Marie said...

LOVE your videos. They are always such happy dogs!

Life With Dogs said...

I can only imagine myself attempting anything close to this. I think I like your version much more!

Tiff :o) said...

I came across your blog when searching for bikejoring. Is that something you're still doing?

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Tiff, sorry, no I haven't bikejored in a long time and it was a friend's dog. Its funny that my blog pops up on search engines when bikejoring is searched.... happens almost everyday.

Tiff :o) said...

Well, I think it's because there's not much info out there on bikejoring...my blog comes up first on google when searching for "bikejoring georgia" and I only have one post on bikejoring.

Your dogs are beautiful and so well trained!