Monday, September 28, 2009

Rain Delay

Rain delays are for wussies! As some of you know, Georgia has been enduring an endless onslaught of rain. I have become a Doppler radar junkie. Last Sunday, I was getting my latest fix when it finally stopped raining. Yippee! I loaded the dogs and I headed towards my agility field. And then this started: Hmmmm....it is getting worse. But wait! Is that blue sky up ahead? Yes. It is blue sky! And it is clearing up! My Doppler radar reading skills are paying off.

Heck, yes! Less than a mile to go! This is perfect wearing-out-greyhound-weather.

Two minutes pass.......

Are you kidding me?!?!?

Well, I am already here! So I train anyway and I leave looking like this. Don't ask me why I have a dry spot or why I have a dry spot there. I have no idea.
Not the sexiest shoes, but my feet stayed dry!

And then I got to drive home! People, don't take pictures when you are driving in this kind of weather. Don't worry, I was barely moving.

6 comments:

Chi-Town Bound said...

I had been recommended to read your blog. I just adopted a female greyhound and my husband and I have had her since June. She's two years old and she's wonderful. Thanks for blogging. I feel reassured that she'll be in her obedience classes and agility. Thanks!

gyeong said...

You have been gettin' some serious rain down there. My guys barely wanta go potty in the rain, much less agility.

Paul said...

I can't believe you got the girls to even do anything out in the rain. Dino and Pebbles would stand in the rain for a second and turn right around to come inside. If we forced them to go in the rain they would just stand there getting soaked waiting for us to tell them to come in.
Sientay

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

On that day, I lucked out with Reagan and she stayed completely dry. Riley weaved in the rain. And I actually brought Katie on this rare occasion.... she got the worst of it.... you'll see soon. :-)

Jen

thebean said...

My mom Keri is a follower of your blog. she has been telling me "you need to go to other peoples blogs for them to come to yours. anyway I have two big greyhounds of my own Max and Mini. They HATE the rain! I tried to make them go outside to go potty and they would just stand thier until we came to let them inside!!!!:)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Hi Bean,

Your mom is right. Leaving comments is the best way to advertise your own blog! I'll be checking yours out soon!

Jen