Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Big Girl Now

I am pleased to report that Reagan is now doing weave poles like they are suppose to be done. I have closed all 12 completely. No offset poles. No "V's". I have guides on the last 6 just to make sure she finishes, but she has been entering them perfectly and smoothly finishing through the guides. She looks great. Its funny how it will suddenly click. They look as though they will never get it and then one day they do. Now we just need to practice and build the muscle memory.

So for those who ask when I will finally enter Reagan in a trial. I think I am aiming for September. I would prefer to stay close to home for the first few trials (in case we bomb :-) and we don't have any local trials in Georgia during the summer. Six more months gives us time to really put it all together and attend some agility run-thrus for practice. I also need to get her spayed and recorded with the AKC so she is eligible to compete. Plus she is not even two years old yet! There is no rush.

10 comments:

BrittBeah said...

Look at you with your edited video.

I always watch holding my breath as the greys go through the weaves. Those big hips always scare me as they get stuck three poles behind the dogs head. I wish they would alter the width of the weaves for dogs of different size.

She really does look great.

IHateToast said...

not even two yet. she is a big girl. she looks like she's having a ball, too.

Barb said...

Awesome! She's doing great. It is funny how it suddenly clicks - I guess that's true with a lot of things we teach them, but I think it's most noticeable with weave poles.

Pam said...

She looks great!
It was neat to see how she got a little hung-up in that last run, but managed to get herself through it without messing up. Smart girlie!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'm learning, Britt. I can trim the beginning, trim the end, and pasted several videos together. I still can't figure out how to cut out something in the middle though.

Pam, I noticed it too. I even slowed it down to make sure she went in correctly and she did.

Thanks everyone.

Jen

Pam said...

I stopped and started it a bunch of times. She went in correctly, but too fast/hard and then had to really crank her body around to get around the 2nd and 3rd poles. It's amazing! You can just see her little brain whirl... she KNOWS what she has to do! VERY, VERY COOL!!!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

WOW! Impressive! When is her first show?

Aragon greyhounds said...

I wish I was as graceful a handler as you are with your guys. I am finding handling makes so much difference in how a dog performs in agility.

Helen

greytblackdog said...

She looks like a pro! Go Reagan Go!

Shelly said...

Wonderful!!! : )