Thursday, July 31, 2008

Momentos - Part 3

I have never thought of you without Travis from the time I first saw him at Clicker Training class. That was the first time in my life that I had seen a dog that obedient. I was also impressed the day I witnessed your training him to Stay at a Flealess Market several years ago. You left him sitting on one side of the field while you walked away and hid behind a car. Travis never moved....for goodness knows how long! Finally, I enjoyed his demonstrations at Greyfest and his actual competition performance at an Alpharetta event. Both of you were awe inspiring. Travis was a Winner. His first winning accomplishment was coming into your life. He has earned his reward across the Rainbow Bridge. Be proud. - L.A.





I am so very, very sorry. I had no idea the end was so near. What a wonderful tribute and final gift. You and Travis floated around the ring. You made it look so easy. I am so glad you found each other. - S.J.







I had no idea. I am just heart broken for you. You and Travis did some really amazing things together. I'm glad you at least have those wonderful memories. I truly loved watching you and him run. You two were poetry in motion. Its amazing what you accomplished with a dog you were "stuck with". You know that I will always have fond memories of Travis. Just yesterday I was telling someone the story of Travis and Kelsi's first meeting (Jen:Travis grabbed her sheltie by the tail) and how that incident gave me even more respect for you than I already had. I got to see where you started with him and how far you came together. Our household sends your household lots of hugs. - D.G.




Oh, Jen, I am so sorry. Travis truly was a very special dog, the two of you were so wonderful to watch in the ring. I am sorry he had to go so soon, he was so full of life it is hard for me to imagine him gone. I regret that his last weekend to run was the same weekend that Brisk finished, I know how much you were hurting that weekend. I will never forget his grace in the agility ring, such a great dog! - C.P.




6 comments:

Laura said...

Love the Dock Dogs picture! Don't think I have seen that before. You know when we lost my big guy, Daniel, I thought looking at pictures of him would be painful. Instead, I found them comforting.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I find the pictures comforting too. I want to forget the month he was skinny, atrophied, tired, and just not himself. I especially love the really young pictures when his muscles are huge.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I have been sitting here reading all of your updates and looking at photos of Travis for an hour now. My heart breaks for you -- but I know that you have many happy memories to sustain you over the years. You and Travis really have been an inspiration to all of us who have dared to compete in agility with ex-racing greyhounds. You showed the world what these dogs can do and made us all proud.

Thanks so much for sharing with us over the years. I will watch your progress with Reagan closely -- I know there is another awesome agility dog in the making there.

Take care of yourself while grieving for Travis -- it is hard, I know, but very important. I know you will see him again someday.

Janet S.

IHateToast said...

i hope you can find joy in how loved travis was outside of your own home.

pet grief is misunderstood to those who don't love a non-human animal. many don't understand how profound it is.

it's good to collect the tribs. i've enjoyed reading about how he's touched others.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thank you, Janet and Ihatetoast.

Jen

greytblackdog said...

The pic of him and the sheltie makes me smile after reading John's story of his initial desire to use all non-greyhounds as squeaky toys. What a good boy.