Thursday, August 15, 2013

Almost Perfect

The hounds and I competed at a three day agility trial at the beginning of August.  Seven was almost perfect! She ran clean 5 out of 6 times resulting in earning Double Qualifiers #17 and #18.  Just two more to go!
We did have one carpal joint issue on Saturday morning.  She came up lame goofing off in the morning when I try to carefully burn off some of her extra energy.  As usual, she walked out of it a few minutes later and as you can see went on to compete for the rest of the day with no additional problems.  I am just so thankful we have figured out how to manage this soundness issue and that she still does so well at agility. I really am amazed.  The rehab vet has never seen an injury quite like this one.
Silly picture of me
Here are her runs:

8 comments:

KF-in-Georgia said...

Lovely!

K-Koira said...

Way to go! I am always amazed, reading your posts, at how often you guys Q. I'm so used to my agility friends, and the other agility blogs I read, regularly getting Qs in only half their events or less. You always seem to have a much better rate of success in the sport than most people.

Ruby The Whippet said...

I love watching Seven jump... taking off at just the right spot so that she has enough time to bring her front legs up, but not a moment too soon and flying low over the bar. If I could I would have Java jump that way some day :)
And oh her energy is just amazing. What a great pair you make!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Don't jinx me, Koira! It hasn't always been that way. Yeah, even with the QQ dry spell, Seven was still Qing about 50%.

She is a very efficient jumper. Riley would be so much faster if she jumped similar. :-)

Thanks for all the nice compliments.

Pip Campbell said...

She's a star. The video quality is great- is that a new camera? Could hear some of your verbal instructions to her.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Yes, new camera. I was noticing a lot of audio when I was working on Riley's video. Almost wondering if its too much.

Hazel said...

It's such a treat to see the many different things a greyhound can be great at!

Janette Ash said...

Enjoyed watching you two, such a great team. Congratulations and the very best wishes for many great runs ahead.