Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MACH Riley

Well, if you know me in person or follow us on Facebook you already know, but I am pleased to announce that Riley finished her Master Agility Championship (MACH) on April 21st, 2013.  She is only the 4th greyhound ever to do so.
The MACH is earned by running clean in both the Standard and Jumpers class in the same day.  And you have to do that twenty times.  You also have to earn 750 points which are awarded for seconds under time.  Riley is quite speedy so she finished her MACH with over 1,600 points... more than double!
Here is the video of the 20th double qualifier:
Maybe one day, I will get lucky and earn a MACH at a brightly lit venue.... actually I did once. Travis' MACH2.... although the first one was on New Year's Eve.  He was the last run of the day. Everyone had left and my only friend was in the bathroom.... and it was a dark venue also.  At least the husband was there to cheer for us.
So onto MACH2!  Riley turns seven next month, but she is healthy and sound so we will continue for as long as she can/wants to.  Agility is the best way to keep her young.... and it is so much fun for us both!
All photos were taken by Beth Bradshaw, my awesome friend!  Beth, thank you so much for bringing your giant camera!

15 comments:

Milo and Jet said...

CONGRATULATIONS RILEY :)

Kim said...

Congratulations to you and Riley! I love watching MACH runs...they always make me teary eyed with joy :) I'm feeling the joy for you and Riley!

jcp said...

:) Extremely proud of you guys. I brag on you like your accomplishments are my own LOL.

Claire Krigbaum said...

YAY! Go Riley! I must admit, I saw her MACH video a while ago since I subscribed to your youtube feed :)

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Congrats Riley and Jen! So exciting! Riley is such a great little worker. She's got it all. Beauty and talent!

janette Ash said...

Awesome, you look so great together, what a team. Congratulations and very best wishes for continued success

What Remains Now said...

What a great year! MACH Riley and Movie Star Seven. All due to your hard work and love. Congratulations, Riley!

Yes I Know My Dogs Look Funny said...

Incredible! Congratulations to you both! All the hard work paid off. All sorts of good things for Never Say Never Greyhounds this year!

houndstooth said...

Oh, huge congratulations to you both! What a fantastic accomplishment!

Heather (jerZgirl) said...

Congrats - a dream of mine some day!!!

Hazel said...

Jen, Thanks for sharing the good news and the joy with us. Your friend with the big camera did a good job with the photos.

I really think you should make a fancy hat from that giant blue ribbon! :-)

Tasha said...

CONGRATS AGAIN!

Also, you are lying when you say Riley is SEVEN YEARS OLD already. Srsly, not funny! =P

IHeartDogs said...

Woot woot!!! Congrats! You guys have worked so hard. I love the last two pics :)

Kim, Rambling Family Manager said...

Congratulations!! :)

Rebecca Conole said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congratulations to you both! You are such an inspiration and a wonder for sharing all your greyhound training knowledge!