Monday, April 29, 2013

Opening Weekend

"Pain and Gain" opened on Friday and I heard that it topped the US box office.  I have no doubt that Seven fans helped with that. I also did my part and have now seen it four times.  My sister reminded me that we saw Titanic six times so I think it is only fitting that I see Seven's movie... seven times. Ha!  I figure why not... I will only get to see my new favorite movie in theaters for the next several weeks.

On Friday night, a group of about 25 friends and I saw the movie.  Several folks drove one to two hours to help me celebrate!  I have some awesome friends!  We cheered every time Seven appeared on screen or was mentioned by one of the characters.
On Saturday afternoon, Southeastern Greyhound Adoption had a special screening and Seven was allowed to come to the theater for a special meet and greet.  Lots of greyhound people came to see Seven and it was a great opportunity to talk greyhounds as people stopped to see what was going on.  Lots of people took pictures with Seven in front of the poster.
Since Seven was staying for the movie, I wore her out that morning.  I jogged her about one and half miles, hiked hills for 30 minutes, did jump grids and weave poles, and finished it up with a few sprints.  After an hour of mingling, I dare say she was tired... maybe the first time ever.

I brought her a comfy bed and a bully stick.... I figured after all of that she would fall asleep and sure enough she did.  Seven does not have any issues with noise, but I did wonder if it might be too loud.  But she was great and had no problems.
It was this third viewing that I noticed a minor detail.  Michael Bay had taken pictures of Seven in a racing silk on our first day of shooting.  I did not know why at the time.  However, in the movie when Paul is searching Victor's office, there is a framed black and white photo of Seven on his desk.  Cool, huh?
So in a few weeks, I will post photos and videos we took on set.  I think it will be fun for you to see the longer version of a couple of scenes.


18 comments:

houndstooth said...

Things didn't work out for us to see it this weekend since hubby had a call out, but I'm hoping we'll get to see it very soon! I'm glad Seven got to attend a showing at least once! :)

Lilith said...

Saw the movie yesterday! Seven was a total pro! Can I get her pawprint?!

What Remains Now said...

My girlfriend and I are going tomorrow (Tuesday)! I'm super excited! You are right...top box office. I would love to add my name to purchase a pawtographed glossy. Seven is my new glamour gal.

jcp said...

It is so cool to see greyhounds in main stream films. Especially ones that I feel I have a connection to :). I didn't make it out to the film this weekend but it sure is on my list!

Cat said...

I'm so glad I got to see it with you, Seven was awesome and the movie was really great, a huge hit for sure!!

Tasha said...

We saw it opening weekend! The movie had me in stitches in a few places, but Seven was definitely the best part. ;)

Blinky! said...

Just found this - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5125662/bio#trivia

Claire Krigbaum said...

Ahh! I saw Titanic 10 times with my best friend in high school.
Still can't wait to see it! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

I love that Seven's racing # on the silk is ...what else a 7 ! Very nice nod to her true name!

Team Zero Gravity said...

The Seven M&G at the theater was a blast! That theater and the GM for the theater were fabulous! They were so welcoming. The GM is even thinking about possibly adopting a greyhound in his future and enjoyed getting his photo taken with Seven. Seven was awesome both and off screen. It was so cool to see Seven on the big screen and it was fun to have the whole whoop, holler and clap when she was on screen. It was a strange but funny movie, but Seven made the movie!

Trina said...

I can't wait to see it! I will cheer for her too!

Hazel said...

I love the picture of the racing silk. So glad your friends and you and Seven got to see the movie and cheer!

Greyhounds Aren't Grey said...

We hope to see it this weekend. We've been telling everyone here in Maine about it! Yay Seven!

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Can't wait to see it this weekend! I LOVE that she's wearing the #7 for the photo!

Janette Ash said...

Saw the movie Sunday, It was great fun to see Seven, but wanted to see more of her. Hope there will be more scenes in the DVD. She was a star and really "had me" when she ran from the track with her tail a wagging.

Heather (jerZgirl) said...

I want to see it...for Seven of course! That is so awesome. Oscar nom for Seven? :)

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Yay! Just got home from watching the movie! Not nearly as sexually crude as I was expecting, but wow... super dark. Scary that that is based on a true story.

Seven was fantastic (of course)! I loved her scene at the track when the man calls her and she runs right to him. Curious to know how that was filmed. Did he call her real name and they dubbed in "Tasty Reuben" after?

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Apex, we practiced "Reuben" on the in field so she was responding to "Reuben". More impressively though is that she held that stand stay over and over again despite being called out of it over and over again. She only messed it up once.