Wednesday, April 17, 2013

39 Weeks - The Muzzle

At my house, we generally use muzzles when the hounds are outside playing rough.  My greyhounds get along great and play really well together, but it is just easier to not have to worry about an accidental snag on a tooth.
Riley says.."You are one of us now."

Maddie is not exempt.  If the others have to wear muzzles than she has to as well and I feel she is finally big enough.
"Don't worry. You don't have to wear one when you get really old."

Maddie resisted at first.  Her moves reminded me of a bucking horse.
But then I let Maddie play with one of the big girls and it helped to distract her and she started to get used to the muzzle.
I was really happy with how easily Maddie seemed to adjust to wearing a muzzle.  Such a big girl!

And I will end with a funny photo!  Seven lost two legs!

7 comments:

Hazel said...

I think you have a good idea, using muzzled while they play. Sometimes they do play really rough.

What Remains Now said...

Maddie never fails to put a smile on my face.

houndstooth said...

Maddie is a riot! I'm glad she's decided to wear the muzzle, even if it is begrudgingly!

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

I was surprised how well Kili adapted to her muzzle. I did a bit of work with positive reinforcement introducing the muzzle, but I hadn't really had her wear it at all. Then after her surgery I just threw it on her and to my surprise she didn't fight it at all. They really are very good natured creatures.

Trina said...

Too cute. Is 'wearing a muzzle' kind of like the 'wearing a bra' stage for humans? You see the others wearing them and think "I can't wait!!" until it happens and you are like "what is this CRAP..it's not cool at all! GET IT OFF"

Greyhounds Aren't Grey said...

Seven is an amazing gravity defying hound. But how unlucky to lose two legs on the same side. I hope she found them again!

Witty Angel said...

As I was watching the video Luna got up from her pillow with her ears perked up. She started to look around for the source of the barking and growling. When she figured out it was my computer she was no longer interested.

Thanks for sharing such a fun video and pictures.