Thursday, July 26, 2012

Splish Splash

Seven could not escape my new camera either.  She is just so photogenic.  She discovered last summer that water is not the enemy and can be quite a relief on a hot day.
In fact, she learned this by watching my friend's border collie, Trust.  Outside of agility class, there is a large tub that is often filled with water so the dogs can step in and cool off.  I forced Seven to get in which she did not appear to appreciate and quickly vacated.  Trust, the border collie, leaped in and lied down in the tub to get in a good soak.  Seven watched all of this.  
When Trust jumped out, Seven got back in immediately and lied down in the tub. I have never noticed any of my hounds imitating other dogs before so I thought this was very smart of her.
Seven is definitely not a swimmer, but she enjoyed doing recalls in the water and causing a lot of splash.

9 comments:

andrea said...

Looks like you both were having a great time!

Stella & Connie said...

My Stella LOVES the water, too - even if it's just to splish and SNORF in rain puddles!

I also wanted to thank you for your article about training a greyhound for SIT and DOWN. EUREKA! We expect to pass the AKC's Canine Good Citizen test in October!

Patty w/ Joey and Scout, the greyhounds said...

She is having a great time! Beautiful photos!

houndstooth said...

She looks like she's having a blast! Bunny likes the water -- as long as it's her idea. Blue absolutely won't touch it!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

New camera, what did you get? Great action shots and Seven looks to be really enjoying herself:) I wish Beryl enjoyed the water more now we live near the beach. Maybe in the summer:)

Kathy said...

The are funny aren't they. Blaze still loved the water (and likes to swim). Cori LOVES the water and is learning to swim. Haven't had Chloe around water yet. BTW, great photos of Seven. She really is very photogenic :)

gyeong said...

She looks like one of those dock jumping dogs.

Claire Krigbaum said...

Great shots and what a smart dog! I really love that last one, she is very photogenic. Look at those muscles!

Michelle said...

Great photos! I love to see hounds enjoying the water. I have a couple of water loving hounds in my pack. :)