Monday, January 16, 2012

Normal Agility Dog

Like Riley, Seven also had a good agility trial last weekend.  Her weekend started off with two clean runs on Friday.  The clean Jumpers run (2nd run in video) moves her up to the final level of agility, Excellent B Jumpers.
After that, Seven became more of a normal agility dog.  She did not qualify on Saturday morning in the Standard class and did not qualify at all on Sunday.  The Q streak was wonderful while it lasted and I hope for many more, but it was probably time for reality to strike.  However, Seven still has an impressive record of running clean 16 out of 20 times.  I am thrilled whenever my hounds have a 50% Q rate and Seven is 80%.
Here is Seven's first clean run in Excellent B Jumpers.  I loved running Seven and Riley on this course!  So much fun!

10 comments:

jet said...

that looks awesome - I wonder if it is somewhat reassuring that Seven is no longer the perfect agility dog? :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

No, Jet. I would be ok with perfect. :-) How cool would that be for a greyhound? But that would mean that her handler would have to be perfect too... and I am not. :-)

andrea said...

16/20 is AMAZING!!

I be sending you my dogs if you keep this up ....

:) looking forward to watching the videos

Claire Krigbaum said...

Excellent! And Seven looked pretty darn fast on that last JWW.

jcp said...

She looks great!.. Good job to both of you :)

Cape Cod Crew said...

Great job Riley & Seven :)

XOXO ~ Cape Cod Crew

Brooke said...

Great job, you two! I am super impressed with how well your dogs are doing, and I know you put a lot of hard work into training! It is definitely paying off - both in the way they perform and in the very obvious bond they have with you. Keep up the great work!

Fatima said...

AmAzing...we are training our Lucy in agility...In New Zealand, nobody else is training ex-racers in anything similar. Oh how i wish that would change...:(

Fatima (http://www.greyhoundsnz.blogspot.com/)

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Seven looks like such a seasoned competitor:) If she was perfect there wouldn't be any challenge for you though and you'd probably have to get another one to train up! Were my eyes deceiving me or did she do the two foot thing in the weaves in the second video?

Thank you for your votes and also for noticing our new header ... you're the only person who has, lol!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Yes, she has settled into a 2 foot weave style. First greyhound of mine to do so.