Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Up and Out

I am so pleased to announce that Up And Over is up and out.  He has been adopted!  After eleven greyhounds, I had forgotten what it was like to adopt my first greyhound.  Claudia and Tony were so excited to be adopting their first greyhound.  Tony had seen Up And Over on SEGA's website and had felt an instant connection and even dreamed about him.  When he found out that Up And Over was still available, he told our Screening and Placement volunteer that he did a happy dance.  Luckily, Up And Over was a good match and the adoption was finalized on Saturday.
Are they coming?

Tony told me that the final selling point on greyhounds was the community.  They attended a few greyhound meet & greets and loved the volunteers that spoke with so much passion about their greyhounds.  I have to admit that here in Atlanta we have an awesome greyhound community.  There is so much to do and so many ways to get invovled.  There is something for everyone.  I cannot believe I have been a member of the Southeastern Greyhound Club since I was 19 years old... I'm 35 now. I have a lot of good friends I would otherwise not have if it were not for the fantastic greyhound breed!  Welcome to the cult... I mean club, Tony and Claudia!

16 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Congratulations to Up and Over and his new family! I always tell people...if you want to make new friends, adopt a Greyhound because there are events and things to do multiple times a month. We have a wonderful group too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a lot of good friends....and a HUSBAND! =-D


Love,
The Husband

Mad Red Hare said...

As a greyhound foster mom and adoption rep, it is always refreshing to meet new adopters who have that same excitement that I did almost 8 years ago! Congrats to Up and Over on your new home.

gyeong said...

Congrats to Claudia and Tony. Welcome to the 'cult'. I just wanted a greyhound, but ended up part of great community. I think Up And Over needs his own blog :)

jet said...

that's awesome!! Up and Over has such cute ears!

Declan said...

Great news. A Forever home in time for Christmas! Your first grey is always very special Deccy x

EVAinDC said...

Community is everything. We adopted our first 1.5 years ago and the support and enthusiasm of our fellow cult-members has been fantastic. Our new motto is:

Once you go Grey, you'll never stray!

Nibs said...

Oh lovely! I love that his new owners did a happy dance! I love button ears on us greys, so appealing and cute!

Hiking Hounds said...

Yay, they look so happy and cute together!

Brooke said...

A big congrats to Tony and Claudia! Welcome to the cult!

angelofthemind said...

Congrats! They look like they'll be a wonderful match!

The Lady said...

He's a handsome dog! they look like a great family.

Muttsandaklutz said...

Wonderful news! Congrats to all!

Heather (jerZgirl) said...

Yay! Happy Tails to Up and Over and his new family!

Claire Krigbaum said...

So glad he found a home!
Idaho has no racetracks but we do have a greyhound rescue. I wish they would put pictures and descriptions of their dogs on the website! I understand that they don't want a person to fall in love with the wrong dog based on it's picture but still I'd like to see them and read about their individual personalities.
http://www.greyhoundrescueofidaho.org/

IHeartDogs said...

Woot woot! They look so cute and happy together! Congrats in your loving forever home Up & Over!