Friday, June 3, 2011

Not Again

It seems that losing our air conditioning is annual affair. We blame Blondie, the hound we are babysitting.  Her real name is Ali, but we don't need two Allie dogs in our house at one time.  Curiously, she was here last year when this happened.  Hmmmm...
Starting bottom left going clockwise - Allie, Riley, Reagan, Stacker, Julie, and Blondie.

We are suffering because we are spoiled and temperatures are in the high 90's. I won't convert that to Celsius because the down under folks were not sympathetic last year. I think it converts to something miserable like 50 degrees or something. Ha!  Plus we have high humidity which makes it all a 1,000 times worse.
Starting bottom right going clockwise - Reagan, Riley, Julie, Blondie, Stacker, Seven by the door, and Allie

Luckily since last year, I have acquired a portable air conditioning unit for another purpose. We quickly secured the office and cranked up that bad boy. It definitely has kept things bearable in the afternoons.
Our Hero (air conditioning repairman) should be here to rescue us mid day tomorrow.  I hope it is an inexpensive and quick fix like last time. 
Riley is very stressed about the whole thing.  I bet you Australians and New Zealanders feel bad now. :-)
Of course, Seven blocked the door so I could not sneak out.  That is okay. I did not want to leave anyway.

Stay cool (or warm if you are heading into winter)!

8 comments:

Angela said...

It's cool (no pun intended)to see the rest of your pack! We are wondering if summer will ever start here - only 9 degrees celcius right now and a high of 14 for tomorrow. Not exactly summer weather, actually started the pellet stove when we got home from work.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Lovely to see the whole sweltering family:) I can be a bit sympathetic because winter hasn't hit here yet and it's still quite mild. But it never gets as hot here as you've got it. Last Summer I actually found my pedastal fan for Beryl as she feels the heat. Haven't used it in about 10 years! I can't imagine what it would be like for it to be too hot. Hope your AC repairman does the job:) And glad you can comment again!

houndstooth said...

Oh, that is miserable! I hope your hero arrives on his white horse tomorrow to save you all!

gyeong said...

Fingers crossed it's a quick and cheap fix. Tis' the season. Our upstairs unit went out last week when the first heat wave hit. Luckily the repairman came the next afternoon, and after replacing a several hundred dollar part, we were good to go. Our TV died last night, so I'm hoping no more costly equipments bites it soon.

Hiking Hounds said...

Yuck, I am sympathetic. I grew up in Phoenix and was horrible when the air conditioning went out. Hope they get it fixed fast.

Suzanne said...

Oooch! Sorry to hear about your AC. Hope it gets fixed quickly and cheaply.

Michelle said...

Yikes!! Hope your back in business with your air conditioning soon! If my hubby and I lived closer, I would send him your way for a fix. He has been crazy busy with fixing AC units the last two weeks during our heat wave here in VA. Stay cool!

Seattle Greyhounds said...

Wow, I don't miss the humidity of the east coast. Just this week on our evening walk, I was thinking to myself how lovely it is to not be sweltering and ablet to really enjoy a "summer" evening stroll with out to much panting.