Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Awesome

Riley and I competed in agility last weekend and she was awesome. We only qualified once, but otherwise Riley nailed her weave poles and listened to my directions. Unfortunately, I did not always give good directions, but I would rather our errors be my fault.Here are three of our runs.

Run #1 - Super nice Excellent Jumpers run up until the point where I should have rear crossed instead of front crossed.

Run #2 - Another good Excellent Jumpers run. I will definitely be setting up the sequence I had trouble with at home. Sometimes the hard part about handling is the other obstacles in your way. You have an optimum path, but there happens to be a jump there.

Run #3 - This is our qualifying Excellent Standard run. She earned first place with 25 seconds under time.

10 comments:

jcp said...

I am hugely impressed. She did so great. Congrats!

Brooke said...

Way to go, Riley! Yay!

houndstooth said...

Riley looks amazing! Kudos to both of you!

Sue said...

Way to go Riley:)

Tarmars said...

I love the top picture with Riley at the apex of her jump, stretched out and her eyes on the prize. She really has come a long way! She has such great energy and you can tell she really enjoys doing this with you!

Britni said...

I recently found your blog and spent the entire day reading it. I want to adopt a greyhound in the future, and your blog and training trips are very inspiring.
Congratulations to Riley on her runs!

Also, I saw this product the other day and thought of Reagan and her anxieties. Maybe something like this would be helpful? http://www.ngap.org/thundershirt_anti_stress_dog_coat-i36642.html#description
I'm not sure how effective it is, but I know I like a hug when I'm feeling stressed and I imagine this is the same.

Look forward to reading more in the future!

whygreyhounds said...

Great going guys!!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Lovely to see her so happy and focused. You guys make it look easy:-) I can't even get around a rally course without getting lost!

Michelle said...

Awesome, just awesome! Way to go Riley. :)

GreyDreams said...

Weeeeeeee...She's FLYING over that course! Awesome! Congratulations to both of you!