Thursday, July 1, 2010

Murfreesboro Trial

Riley and I traveled to Murfreesboro, Tennessee for an agility trial last weekend. I opted not to bring Reagan. I am still not sure how to handle her on a long drive. The Manners Minder works really well for local trips, but she just doesn't eat enough food in one day to make a 3 hour drive.

Riley ran really well... just some baby dog errors. Here are three of her runs.

This ended up being some of the longest agility trial days I have ever experienced. Normally we are done early in the afternoon, but agility runs continued well into the evening. Lots of sleeping and napping going on.

10 comments:

jcp said...

What a great day! I'm so disappointed that I missed it. Love the pick of you sleeping with the hounds in the crate.

houndstooth said...

Even with her errors, I love watching Riley go through her paces! She just looks so darned happy!

Sandy ~~~ said...

Busy day for everyone! Good job all!

Samantha said...

OMG! I wish I could fit in Rugby's crate! LOL!!! Good job at the agility trial!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

That isn't me in the ex pen sleeping... although I have been known to do it :-).

I'm jealous of the small dog people with all of their tiny equipment... but never thought about a small dog person being jealous of us big dog people able to nap in a crate or ex pen. Cool! :-)

whygreyhounds said...

Riley really looked great, She flies those jumps! Great job to you both.

jet said...

this is inspiring! I have a 2 year old rescued black girl who has high food drive, medium prey drive, and is moderately active... if I can ever convince her to go jumps like that I would be so impressed! :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Jet, greyhounds are usually excellent jumpers and love it! Definitely give it a try with your greyhound. Thanks everyone!

Sam said...

Congrats - she is coming along so nicely. If you ever head up to NY/NJ, let me know - I'd love to see Riley in action!

I can definitely fit in Marge's crate - don't know if you've ever seen it, but is it enormous!

Muttsandaklutz said...

It's obvious that she's really enjoying her time in the ring! Keep up the great work.