Friday, April 9, 2010

2007 Agility Nationals

This is my all time favorite agility trial...... the 2007 AKC Agility Nationals in Ohio. This is when I realized that Travis was not just a good agility greyhound, but a good agility dog. He placed 11th out of 129 of the country's best agility dogs jumping 24". He narrowly missed being invited to the finals.... only the top 9. The best compliment of the weekend was "I was about to leave when I saw you walk in. I thought... a greyhound... this should be interesting. I was glad I stayed."

Travis did win first place for the hound group and $200. It is the only prize money I have ever won for agility. Like a dork not expecting anything, but a few ribbons, we left when our runs were over and we knew we were not in the finals. On the drive home, I started flipping through the show catalog and saw the other prizes available and realized there was a high score hound prize. Well, dang it! I would have stayed for that!

10 comments:

houndstooth said...

It was very cool to see Travis in action! He obviously enjoyed it a lot!

Sistertex said...

Beautiful hounds. Great being able to see them in action. They look like they are enjoying themselves (I looked at more than just today's post!) Great blog - wonderful Greyhounds...and trainer. :)

Sandy ~~~ said...

OK now...for someone with her first Greyhound in his first obedience class and still working on a SIT...this is inspiring. Thanks Travis!

Sheryl said...

Wow. Awesome. Just awesome.

Lindy MacDuff said...

So amazing and impressive! And Travis looks like he is thoroughly enjoying it, too.

Jazz the Greyhound said...

Travis did so good!

Life With Dogs said...

Humongous congrats - that is a truly impressive result! Way to show those other breeds! :)

Anonymous said...

ATTN Jen Bachelor - there is a website called "http://www.greyhoundsavvy.com/" that is currently using one of your Youtube videos (of Reagan) It's been placed in the top right hand corner of their main page, under the heading "You Too Can Have A Greyhound Like This"

The website is promoting a book and consultation services for greyhound owners. (one of those $297 offers ALL FOR ONLY $27!!!! pitches).

Anyways, thought you might be interested to know, since your site offers GENUINELY helpful advice, tips, and HOPE for frustrated greyhound owners... whereas this other site is an attempt to prey upon them... and seems to leech heavily from folks like yourself for profit and gain.....

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks everyone! Just so happy to get these old memories onto the blog!

Anonymous, thank you for the notice!!! Really disappointing to see my video being used as advertisement for a site that is like you said is preying on people and their dog problems. I have deleted the video from Youtube and will repost later. I will be keeping an eye on them.

Mikey said...

Such a great video! Love it! Mercy and I watched it this morning, she was very excited. Wanted to skip school and set up a course right now, lol. I told her we have to get thru puppy class first!!
You do excellent work with your dogs and I love to watch you work together.