Thursday, February 18, 2010

101 Crate Uses

Okay, so maybe not 101 uses. But here are a few things I have found crates useful for. Lord knows they take up enough space in my house. They might as well do more than contain dogs.

Crates provide additional linen closet space or in my case, all of the linen closet space. Hey, when you are 24 years old and buying your first house, great linen closets are not on the "must have" list. My house is a nice place for the dogs and I can live there too. Six greyhounds call for a lot of blankets and bedding. I keep their clean linens on top of their crates.
Crates are excellent for drying delicate laundry that has to dry flat. I just spread a towel over the top and then lay out the article of clothing.
Lastly, crates provide additional counter space for all of those dog bowls.

11 comments:

Samantha said...

All very good uses for crates!

I wish Rugby's was just as useful!

BrittBeah said...

The amount of space greyhound crates take up is just rediculous, but worth it.

Katie said...

I admit to use number two. Heh.

houndstooth said...

Ha ha! All very good uses!

IHateToast said...

if i "like" this on Google Reader, do you get notified? just curious.

you forgot something about men who hog remotes.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Rugby's crate is just too small.... I guess I should have mentioned "large" crates.

Toast, I do not see anything that tells me a post is liked. You know I almost had Stephen get in a crate so I could take a picture :-).

Laura of the Kudzu said...

Yep, number two for me as well. And... now this one is pathetic... Since we have at times had a crate in our dining room I have spread a tablecloth over it & set out hor'Dourves on it. Martha Stewart need not visit here. :)

Don't feel bad about the lack of linen closet. We do have one. It is filled with pet supplies. (see Martha, above)

Laura of the Kudzu said...

PS Probably shouldn't try to translate the comment two above.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Yeah, I had to delete that stupid SPAM comment. Maybe Martha would be impressed with our useful ways of incorporating crates into our homes :-).

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Very good ways to make crates more useful. We have two crates in our living room and we cover them with fabric and use them as a sort of sofa table at the back of our sofa. lol!


~Lisa

Zan said...

Must admit to using both number one and two. Glad I'm not the only one :-)!

Sorry Martha.....