Friday, July 10, 2009

Part-Time Work

Reagan is finally back to part-time work. She is not allowed to go full tilt or do tight turns yet. I have to build her back up gradually. The rule of thumb I use is if you are inactive for 6 weeks, you need 6 weeks to build back up. Reagan is so bouncy and is always in a hurry. She is giving me a heart attack at times.

Here is a recent clip of heeling. Reagan is a little rusty, but she is happy and bouncy. Heeling probably gets a bit boring to watch, but if you compete in obedience you know how very important it is. Heeling is a requirement at all levels, so we practice it a lot.

Reagan weighed in at 52 lbs yesterday (up from the mid 40's)! I think she is really starting to look great and the difference is becoming apparent.

I think these photos even show that her hair is filling back in.

7 comments:

Jemma the Chihuahua said...

YAYYY, I'm glad that she is doing so much better! Hope she continues to improve :)

Shannon Turner said...

Congratulations! That's significant weight gain.

Aragon greyhounds said...

I think her hair may be filling-why not take comparison photos. You posted thin hair toe and head pictures before, take the same position photos and repost.

She certainly is a happy heeler. The last bounce where she corrected for a crooked sit would have given me a heart attack worrying about the stress on the toe. Luckily she is a lightweight!!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'll definitely post comparison shots. I'll write a conclusion when it is all said and done. She got worse before it started to get better, so I actually have some worse "before" pictures. Right now its still really hard to see a big difference via photos except I can say that her wrists have filled in.... not the toes, but the wrists have.

Reagan has done a lot worse on her "rubber" toe already. Its held up thus far. :-) She's a real brat to try and keep calm.

Jen

KF-in-Georgia said...

So she's a healing heeling dog? A heeling healing dog? *grin*

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled for both you and Reagan! She's adorable while heeling. I hope she continues to improve until she's just sparkling with health.

Katie said...

I love the happy bouncy heeling. She's such a cute worker.