Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lab Puppy

My friend, Carol, got a new lab puppy just before Christmas. He flew in from Dallas, Texas. He comes from excellent performance lines which is very important because Carol trains and competes in obedience, agility, and field trials.

Katie, with her excellent social skills, shared some of her wisdom with the little Comet.

On a side note, this is also an excellent picture illustrating Katie's neurological weakness from the Fibrocartilaginous Emboli. The left hind leg just does not provide 100% support like it used to therefore her rear swings left and even when walking her spine is usually curved with the rear traveling left.

"Look, I am playing with the puppy."



"OK, I'm done playing with the puppy."


"Don't come any closer."

"Don't touch that."

"Mom, are you going to help me here?"

"Seriously, I have had enough of you."


Don't worry... no puppies were harmed. Katie is awesome. :-)

15 comments:

KF-in-Georgia said...

Good girl, Katie!

Addie said...

Katie is such a good girl, and the puppy is adorable. With a name like Cosmo, he's bound to be a wonderful boy!

Addie

Zan said...

Katie, you have yet another career opportunity before you as a puppy socializer!!

Snobound said...

So cute. Love pics of dogs at play!

greytblackdog said...

Cosmo, you have to learn that the fun police come in all shapes and sizes. :) Love the "please help me mom" look before she took matters into her own hands. LOL

Scott said...

Hahaha, these pictures are great :)

Hiking Hounds said...

Very Cute, love the pictures!

alex said...

My favorite has to be the 4th picture: with that little paw, so obviously saying, "come on play with me".
Thanks for sharing.

dogstaracademy said...

Hooray for Cranky Old Ladies. :P

As a Dallasite with friends in labs, I have to ask- who is Cosmo from?!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

"Cranky Old Ladies"... I love it! :-) Dog star, I have no idea who he is out of. I will try to find out. I want to say the kennel name is Cedar Creek or something like that. It definitely started with 2 "C"s.

Jen

cheshirecattat said...

I've just got a "cranky lady"...I don't think 5 years old qualifies as old :o) BTW Jennifer, we missed seeing you this past weekend at the ORKC agility trial in Harriman, TN. We are looking forward to seeing you back at agility competition w/ Reagan!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Cheshirecattat, Thank you. I so miss competing right now. I'm tired of getting to sleep until 8 AM on the weekends and cleaning my house regularly. I was just looking back on the blog to see what I was doing a year ago and was reading about Travis' last Harriman trial. I really love that venue... the college next door, the park, and the lake (at least in the summer). I can't wait for Reagan to humble me in the show ring either. Just need to get the weave poles finished and we'll be there. She feels so good .... a lot like Travis, but in her own little princess sort of way.

Jen

Dogstar said...

Cranky Old Dogs can be any age. Indy has been a Cranky Old Dog since the grand age of 6 months when he declared that he HATED all other puppies who ran faster than him and didn't go the way he thought they ought to be going and you there, stop roughhousing, you could hurt someone!

My Cranky Old Lady is only 4.5 and she plays very gently with her smooth-coated niece and nephew, (I only own one of them, the other was visiting :))but thinks both her rough-coated nieces (I only own one of these two :P) are SHameless Hoydens Who NEed To Learn Some Manners.. :P

Nigel, Sola and Co. said...

Nigel agrees - labs aren't half bad :)

IHateToast said...

oh lab puppies...