Saturday, December 6, 2008

Spilled The Beans




Recently, my husband, Stephen, let out a little secret about the new girls. It is customary to pay a dollar to brag at the Southeastern Greyhound Club meeting. At last month's greyhound club meeting, Stephen pays a dollar and stands up to share a brag. I am curious because I cannot think of anything worth sharing about our hounds.


Stephen begins to describe the scene you see below. How sweet. Allie, Reagan, and Riley snuggled up on a mattress. He runs for the camera to take a picture and snaps this shot. Suddenly, a toot is heard and all of their heads raise. Riley has done it again. Most greyhound people are familiar with the "silent but deadly" gas, but Riley AND Reagan both end almost ever stretch with a toot from behind. Sometimes no stretching is required. It is quite embarrassing to be their mom. I don't believe it has happened in public.... yet.


10 comments:

greytblackdog said...

OMG - ever since going raw Roxy does the same thing. it cracks me up. it is so loud!!!!

Hiking Hounds said...

Zephyr does the same thing, it's hilarious! Sometimes it's as loud as a human, and when he goes down the stairs it's like a machine gun!! Luckily, they usually don't smell that bad.

Caron

christie said...

Gemini has cleared my out of my own bedroom on too many occasions to count!

Stephen said...

A toot??? Sounded more like the low brass section of the London Philharmonic in the 1812 Overture, or even a recreation of the Trinity detonation.

Zan said...

ROFLMAO!!

I don't believe that such noxious fumes could be manufactured by two such beautiful and cultured young ladies. They've been framed!

Sientay L said...

Dino has tooted while laying down and immediately afterwards would lift his head and check out his butt. He would have a look that says "did that come from me??" and maybe sniff his butt to be sure.

KF-in-Georgia said...

My King of Farts stretches and toots. Jacey, apparently, is more subtle. I don't want to claim that she never toots, but I will say she manages to keep it a secret from me.

Oreo was subtle about the toots, but her burps... (Come to think of it, Jacey's a loud burper, too.) Oreo would come up, sniff your lips as if she was checking what you'd had for dinner, then burp right in your face. (Sort of, "Now that I know what you had, here's what I had.") Worse, her burps sounded much like a rumbling volcano. Her favorite place to burp appeared to be the waiting room at the vet's office. She'd have a whole roomful of waiting moms and dads laughing.

gyeong said...

My boy is not much of a tooter, but my two girls almost always audibly toot as they stretch their rear legs to go on the couch. Must lose sphincter control at that angle :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Wow, I didn't realize so many other greyhounds had the same problem. None of mine have ever made that much noise especially on raw food. Glad we aren't alone :-).

Jen

IHateToast said...

it cracks me when a toot is heard. usually we just get the pfooooooooh.

tootin' is healthy. okay, that's what i tell myself.