Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday S.L.O.P.

I have been a bad raw-food-diet-feeding mother. I ran out of SLOP (Superior Life Optimizing Pudding) or veggie mix a few weeks ago. With a few days off, I found the time to whip up a new batch.


The mix included cranberries, blackberries, garlic, a pear, collard greens, celery, carrots, brussell sprouts, and for flavor..... turkey liver and cottage cheese.
I also did something new this time. I will often add water to the mix because it helps the food processor puree the mix smoothly. This time I added some caffeine free green tea. I have started drinking hot green tea and I have been intrigued by the health benefits. So I heated a pot of water with a couple of tea bags and included some nettles and dandelion leaf along with it. I added the anti-oxidant and vitamin rich water to the mix as needed.