Monday, December 22, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend


I am happy to report that the old, white van was placed in a new home tonight. It is beginning its second career as a work van for a man starting an appliance repair service. It makes me glad that we did not just trade it in. It is a good van that has been serviced regularly and driven gently. Its nice to know that it will go on to help someone start a business. I hope that the van serves him well.

For several years, the white greyhound bus was my primary vehicle. Not cool when you are a single girl in your mid 20's. I remember years ago when my boss asked me about the new van and I answered in a less than excited tone of voice that I had indeed purchased a van, "a van van... a big van". He assured me I shouldn't worry about how it looked as long as it got me to where I was going. A few minutes later he says "IS IT THAT BIG WHITE ONE?"..... yes it is. So for all of you who resist the uncool idea of a mini van and then complain when your dogs won't jump into your tall SUV, I do not feel sorry for you. I looked a lot less cool in a big white van :-).

All in all, the van was a very smart purchase. I log a ton of miles with the dogs and the van affords them a safe way to travel via crates. Its a home away from home and a comfortable place for the hounds to relax.

3 comments:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Bye Van! Congrats on the sale... alot of great dogs travled many miles in that van :-)

BrittBeah said...

Glad you found a new home for your van. I was watching a talk show once about single women in parking lots being abducted and such. One of the things you were told to look out for was a window less van because it is so easy to conseal what is inside. lol sorry just thought I'd share as it just poped in my head.
So what was the life span of the old van again?

Sientay L said...

I remember when you bought that van. Lots of miles and memories.
I'm glad it has a new good home.