Friday, October 31, 2008

Repeat






Then on Sunday, the hounds and I did a repeat of Friday and headed back to the horse farm for more free running. This time I brought along Stephen's dogs and I only broke one of them. For the record, it was my sister's greyhound (Go Peanut Go) that ran over Stacker.


Does anyone else find running greyhounds to be as scary as I do? I just hold my breath and hope they don't do anything foolish.... like jump out in front of a stampede of brindle bitches.





Its OK to laugh, Stephen and I can't help it. Stacker seemed ok after it happened, but later an injury popped up. I am not sure if it happened then or later.


Reagan is proving to be very responsive to my calls. She loves to run and takes full advantage of the large pastures, but she checks in regularly and whips herself back to me in 2 seconds if I call. I love that! I feel confident that competing her off leash at an agility trial will be no problem.





On Monday, we did some agility and Reagan was 100% perfect. I set up agility courses for Reagan that are as difficult as I would for Travis with lots of crosses and change of directions. I interupt her frequently with rewards, but she has been able to handle every sequence I throw at her. The rails are staying up. The spread in the weave poles is getting smaller and smaller. I think I had it down to an inch and a half on Tuesday. She is coming from all angles and has been nailing them. Reagan seems to handle a lot like Travis. I am not sure if that is her style or a result of my training, but she works a comfortable distance away. She is not stuck to me like a velcro dog, but she isn't so far away that she is taking the wrong obstacle either. All in all, things are going well.

10 comments:

Bach said...

Watch out agility world! There's a storm brewing at Never Say Never Greyhounds. The second coming of the Red Fireball is drawing near!

BrittBeah said...

Poor Stacker, maybe there is a reason for the racing retirment? Gypsey had the same thing happen in front of like 20 greys at a romp, just not that smart about the flow of traffic (of course she isn't all there, if ya know what I mean).
Do we get video soon of Reagan in full swing?

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

If you ask Stephen real nice, he'll probably do another video update. :-)

Jen

Sientay L said...

I hope Stacker is ok. Maybe he just wanted some attention being out there with the girls;)

Patti said...

Poor Stacker - and these guys are sighthounds? I know, they certainly have tunnel vision which does make it all the scarier when they are free running or even coursing.

Maria Peters said...

OOOPsie Daisy!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

:-) For those wondering, Peanut is doing fine after that collision. OMG, I laugh every time- sorry. And Peanut just keeps going...

BrittBeah said...

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE STEPHEN! *Dan is begging too*

Addie said...

I'll beg, too...Please, Stephen!

I do find it scary when they run like that, and I only have 2 to worry about, but I'm just waiting for the inevitable collision.

Poor Stacker!

Addie

KF-in-Georgia said...

I let Sam and Oreo romp in the field at John's during one bring-your-dog meeting, and Sam ran at her and head-butted her before he headed across the field, ducked between the rails on the fence, and trotted off to harass the horses. No more open-field running for him.