Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Momentos - Part 1

I purchased a shadow box that I will start putting together for Travis. One of the items I will place in the box is a paw print in clay that the animal hospital gave us. It was so much more detailed than I expected. You can really see the shape of his nails and the pores in his pads. My mom and I ended up staining it a neutral color and I love the way it turned it out. Here are before and after pictures.












I have also appreciated each and ever note and comment of support that has been sent to me. I wanted to keep and share my most favorite. It turns out that there are quite a few, so I thought it would be best to break up into parts. Here is part 1.











Regarding Travis teaching Notty the borzoi how to swim in Perry: LOL ... you know I STILL can't keep her out of the water. I will always be thankful to Travis for that. It's kind of cool having a Borzoi that is a 'water dog'!! - L.A.










I am so sorry to hear about Travis. What a beautiful tribute you gave him. I too remember your amazing accomplishment at the 2007 AKC Nationals like it was yesterday. You should be very proud. He was a very special dog and the two of you were just pure poetry in motion. Please know that our thoughts are with you and I feel privileged to have competed along side the both of you for those 6+ short years... - J.K.










Thanks for sharing his life and achievements with us again. He indeed lived a very full and happy life. I'm glad I was able to meet him and to see the two of you work together. If I could achieve a tenth of the teamwork you had with him I'd consider myself lucky. The world's light is a little dimmer today. - D.D.









I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the memories of Travis and his achievements. While you both know Kelli and I know next to nothing about agility, obedience and lure coursing, I do remember the one time I saw Travis and Jen run an agility course. I have always remembered how they stood out from the pack, and how graceful, athletic and perfectly in sync. What a gift he has been! We love you and will be thinking of you. - B.B.