Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Worried

Well, Travis peed on his bed last night or early this morning. I left a message asking for the first possible vet appointment. Obviously, checking for a urinary tract infection is first, but I am wondering more and more if he's drinking too much. He is not a dog that hangs out at the watering hole much. He very rarely just gets more than just a sip. Plus, he gets a lot of water from eating raw food, so he just is not a thirsty dog. Well, yesterday and this morning, on the way to the dog room he stopped for a "big" drink. I stopped him yesterday because I knew he'd be in a crate for 10 hours without a potty break. Today, I am working from home so I did not stop him and he drank quite a bit of water and then more water after going outside. But so far, this is the only time of day I have noticed a dramatic increase. Hopefully it is just a urinary tract infection although not very commonly found in males. But then Travis is as uncommon of a greyhound has they come. "Please be a UTI. Please be a UTI. Please be a UTI."