Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Worried

Well, Travis peed on his bed last night or early this morning. I left a message asking for the first possible vet appointment. Obviously, checking for a urinary tract infection is first, but I am wondering more and more if he's drinking too much. He is not a dog that hangs out at the watering hole much. He very rarely just gets more than just a sip. Plus, he gets a lot of water from eating raw food, so he just is not a thirsty dog. Well, yesterday and this morning, on the way to the dog room he stopped for a "big" drink. I stopped him yesterday because I knew he'd be in a crate for 10 hours without a potty break. Today, I am working from home so I did not stop him and he drank quite a bit of water and then more water after going outside. But so far, this is the only time of day I have noticed a dramatic increase. Hopefully it is just a urinary tract infection although not very commonly found in males. But then Travis is as uncommon of a greyhound has they come. "Please be a UTI. Please be a UTI. Please be a UTI."

4 comments:

greytblackdog said...

UTI. UTI. UTI. That's the UTI chant to send the UTI diagnosis your way. Strange. Weird. Yet it seemed to be the right thing to do.

You are way nicer than I am. If I were you, I'd just go and sit and wait. If it is one of your dogs - it is an emergency. Don't they know that ;).

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks, Heather. Vet appt is at 11 AM. Give me a "U", give me a "T", give me a "I". What does that spell? "Urinary Tract Infection!!!!

Jen

Zan said...

Travis just has a UTI and the vet will fix him up in no time.

Travis - stop trying to get extra attention from Mom.

Bridget said...

Gotta be UTI. GOTTA BE.

Well be checking your blog every hour :-)