Saturday, October 13, 2007

Home Again

Finally, we were home again. Stephen helped me get her out of the van. I fed her immediately since it had been 36 hours since the last meal. I supported her with a towel around her waist. I was warned that she didn't like to pee with it around her waist, but she was a champ and quickly got down to business in her usual place. We settled her into her x-pen glad that she was home and safe for now.

She didn't sleep as well as I had hoped she would. I thought she would be exhausted and would just crash now that she was home, but she seemed uncomfortable. I slept on the couch and woke up anytime she did anything.
The next morning she definitely did look better. She had her bright eyed expression back and her left leg was actually moving forward. The toes still dragged and knuckled over, but she was definitely taking some steps. As always, she ate and with the usual vigor. Since she has not pooped since Wed. morning and possible internal bruising, I am feeding her food that should come out a little softer and easier than the chicken backs or necks do. Definitely more meat and veggies, less bones. Day 2 was a good day. I was able to work at home during the morning and finally get some work done. Luckily, my boss is super nice and understanding. Most of my job can be done at home.