Saturday, October 13, 2007

Day 3 of Rest

I think Katie is starting to feel bored. Travis hasn't gotten to do much over the last few days, but he has been a good sport about it. I'm getting ready to take him to PetsMart to get Katie some chewies and to the agility field for some much needed exercise. I'm hiding all of the getting ready to go signals so I don't get her excited. Everything I need was put on the front porch an hour ago and I will send Travis out the backdoor when its time to go. I don't want her to feel like she's being left behind.

She's starting to jump to her feet more often which I'm glad she is feeling better, but she really is suppose to rest and do nothing. She is allowed to have Kongs and chewies, and I'm sure I could work on her holding a dumbbell or something, but she might get too excited about the clicker. I'm really wanting to see some poop. I don't think she has gone since Wed. morning and now it is Saturday morning. She doesn't appear to be uncomfortable, so I'm being told not to worry about it.
I'm also starting to look forward to getting started on the rehab and therapy. I've put the bone cancer possibility out of my mind. No reason to worry about it right now. We need her spine to get better so that when it turns out that she doesn't have cancer... she'll have a better quality of life.

I have to be the best at anything I do with the dogs, so I figure that Katie and I will work at being the #1 rehab extrordinaires. If we can involve food and training in learning the therapy exercises, Katie will thoroughly enjoy the challenge and stimulation. I'm excited about learning strengthening exercises for the dogs. It will be a new challenge for us and something to look forward to. I'm really excited about the hydrotherapy and can't wait to see how it works. I actually purchased 4 sessions of hydrotherapy at a silent auction last weekend. I figured I'd kick myself later if one day I needed them and I let them go for such a reasonable price. Toby, SEGA's vet, purchased some as well and gave them to me. He said to give them to someone who needs them (wasn't that super nice?). I just didn't think I was going to be the one to need them. SEGA is also giving me one extra one. So I already have 9 swim sessions all paid for and ready to go.
**** Travis and I went shopping at PetsMart. I was looking for some American made rawhide chips, but would you believe that the Petsmart brand is not made in the USA. So we got her some Greenies (she is chewing one in these last 2 pictures), Red Barn bully sticks, and some canned food to freeze inside of Kongs.

Then I took a 2 hour nap inside the ex pen. I sometimes do this at dog shows. I think Katie liked having the company.

Still no poop as of Saturday night!