Thursday, October 23, 2008

Never Had Braces??


People wonder what's up with this name - Never Had Braces. Katie has an overbite and a cross bite. In fact, her right canine tooth on the bottom jaw fits into the roof of her mouth instead of scissoring. The upper canine tooth seems to hang much lower than normal as well. So as you can see, she really needs an orthodontist........... thus the name Never Had Braces. I am not sure when I came up with it or even why I liked it at the time



And while we are looking at Katie's mouth, I thought I'd brag about those decade old teeth and gums. Her teeth aren't as white as Reagan's and Riley's, but I'm quite happy considering her age. Katie has never needed a tooth pulled and they have not been cleaned since she was adopted at age 2. Her gums are pink and healthy. Yeah, for chicken backs and occasional tooth brushing! If you do feed kibble, I can't recommend brushing teeth enough. Do it everyday! It only takes 30 seconds. You only have to brush the outside of the teeth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the name surely fits! She does have healthy looking teeth and gums. She is beautiful, braces or no braces. Lexi and I had to move to Cleveland TN and had to find a new Dr. and I was afraid we would not find one that was familiar with greyhounds but, Dr. Bains' mother use to help in the rescue and adoption of greys in south Alabama and he grew up with them. Lexi will be eight in November and he was impressed with the condition of her teeth. They too have not been cleaned since she was adopted. She gets kibble and milk bones and chew sticks, etc. Tell Katie she has a beautiful set of teeth :-) Carrie

BrittBeah said...

Katie puts Dan and I to shame :( Those wonderfully healthy teath and gums with that horrible bite! Never have I seen the two in one mouth. I need to be a better oral health care giver. I feed kibble and I don't brush, bad bad bad.

Addie said...

Now her name makes sense! I've never seen a crossbite, and I think overbites are cute. Alignment aside, her teeth and gums look AMAZING!!

Addie

Zan said...

What a great set of choppers. One of a kind!!

IHateToast said...

much better than my parents' katy.