Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mad Dog Happenings

I promise I have not kept Maddie hidden on purpose. We just have been busy!  I am starting to ramp up her training. In obedience, we are narrowing our focus and training just the Novice level exercises. And in agility, I will gradually start raising the jump height, teaching her the weave poles, and training the big contact obstacles.  I will be sure to get some video as she progresses.
This post is mostly about summer fun and what Maddie has been up to the last few weeks.
There has been some splashing!



And some retrieving!

Unless the stick to retrieve is in deep water. Maddie definitely chooses not to swim which if fine. It is not a high priority. There is plenty of fun to be had in the shallow end.
We also visited SummerWind Farm (Yes, the landowner is awesome. That is for you, John.) and Maddie and her whippet friend, Tattie, got to run together again.  This time, Tattie is 9 months and a bit stronger and faster than she was a couple of months ago.
And Maddie, of course, welcomed our foster lab.  She is so nice to everyone!
And I weighed Maddie a week ago and she still is not 60 pounds.  Almost, but not quite.

9 comments:

houndstooth said...

What a crackerjack! I have a feeling Flattery would be just like her in the water.

Hazel said...

I'm so glad to hear that MAD DOG has not been BAD DOG!

Greyhounds Aren't Grey said...

I can't imagine Bettina running remotely that long. Maddie puts my couch potatoes to shame! Probably a good reason why we're not in agility.

Milo and Jet said...

Hi Maddie
Looks like your been enjoying the summer weather with some nice water games. Your friend Tattie looks to be a pawesome play mate :)

From Milo & Jet

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Much as Frankie loves fetching sticks he's the same as Maddie, he won't swim for them. Beryl won't fetch in the sea unless it's a ball and it only goes near the water not in the water.

Tattie is very quick!!

Lovely bitey-face with Maddie and Cain. It tends to be a lot rougher here with Frankie and my male foster GH's. I'm hoping the next one will be a female. It will be interesting. Beryl hasn't been very impressed with any of the 3 males we've had.

gyeong said...

She's been a busy girl. Definitely deserves a good nap

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Ha! Kili is like that too with water retrieves. She rarely chooses to swim. When we send the lab she follows him up to her shoulders and then waits until he has the stick and is headed back with it. Then it's splash central!

Hazel said...

Jennifer,
I want to ask a favor... would you allow me to use a photo of one of your dogs roaching? I did a post lately, but found that many readers did not know what "roaching" is, so I want to do another post with pictures!

Claire Krigbaum said...

I love the video of Maddie and Tattie! So cool to watch them run.
So funny how she likes the water! Rye loves to be in the water too, but definitely not deep enough to swim!
Excited to see her training progress!