Thursday, November 3, 2011

Out With The Old

And in with the new.  I am pleased to report tha our foster greyhound, Sahara Sand was adopted about two weeks ago by a young couple that lives about two hours away.  His new name is Felix and they report that they "absolutely love him".
We decided to foster another big, handsome fella so here is Up And Over. I have to admit that I was afraid I might totally fall in love with this one. Stephen and I profiled him a few days after he arrived in the Southeastern Greyhound Adoption's kennel and he was super food motivated and intensely toy motivated. He was terrible on leash. Tackled Stephen and scratch his arm. OMG! Perfect dog, right? And then to top it off, he was so calm and quiet when he was kenneled. The other greyhounds were barking and excited, but Up And Over was totally chilled out until it was his turn.
But I am happy to report that Up And Over is turning out to be a normal greyhound. He likes to play with toys for a few minutes, but he is not intense about it. He is still getting settled in, but I think he is just going to be a big, lazy lug.

20 comments:

What Remains Now said...

What a handsome boy! It's so wonderful that you foster!

Mad Red Hare said...

Oh, I love those brindles! His ears are so adorable! Good thing you are about 6 hours away from me!

Karen said...

Up and Over does look like a big, handsome boy! And congrats to Felix on finding his forever home.

4-legged Wiums said...

Oh the new boy is lovely, I love his ears!!!
That's fantastic that Felix now has a home too :)

gyeong said...

Love the ones with funky ears. He's sounds like a real sweetie.

houndstooth said...

Congratulations to Felix! Up And Over is so darned handsome! Have fun with him!

IHeartDogs said...

Yay! Congrats to Felix and his new home.
Up And Over is too cute; those ears are to die for!
He is lucky to have you folks to show him the ropes.

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

2 gorgeous boys. I don't know how you don't just keep them all. We would have failed with our foster if it had been an option. Fortunately, he already had a home waiting so we were just a quick stop over.

Kini_pella said...

Love his ears though... ;).

Granted Wishes Canines said...

OMG, they're all so handsome! I would take Up & Over in a heartbeat strictly for his handsomeness. I've always wanted a brindle, too...

Heather (jerZgirl) said...

Love the funky ears! And his name...good luck with him!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Congratulations to Felix. Up and Over does look like a big boy! He's very handsome. Where do you find the time to foster as well as everything else?

Declan said...

Oh look at that nose! Who couldn't love him? Deccy x

True North Greyhounds said...

Hmmm. Might be an omen. With a name like Up and Over, sounds like a hound intended for agility ;)

Witty Angel said...

Hurray for Felix! Up and Over should not be around long with adorable ears like that. He's got the looks, personality, and a sense of humor, too. Enjoy!

Tammy said...

Like everyone else, i love his ears. He looks huge and very sweet!

andrea said...

great name - lovely dog!

and congrats on seven's debut too :)

Nibs said...

Oh! Oh! Look at those ears! What a very handsome fellow!

Michelle said...

Congrats to Felix and his new family! Up and Over is so handsome. :)

jcp said...

I have no idea how I missed this post.. but I did.. He sure looks like a bigun.. I think the next time I adopt I'm going to try to get a Jen Fostered Dog. They should have a special designation. JB trained and approved.