Thursday, October 27, 2011

Retired from Racing, Not From Life

Seven - "How come I'm not in the book?

I wanted to let you know about a fundraiser.  It is an art book titled "Retired from Racing, Not From Life".  It contains interesting photos and beautiful artwork of greyhounds.  100% of the proceeds from the sale of this art book are donated to Ohio State University's Greyhound Health and Wellness program.  They research many greyhound related issues, but are well known for their bone cancer studies.  I love my copy and especially the three pages with Travis and Riley photos.
Riley's favorite page

You can preview more pages and purchase the book here - Click Here.

9 comments:

Hiking Hounds said...

What I nice book. The pictures of Travis and Riley are great. Thanks for the extra info on the PT equipment. I still haven't ordered, but will soon. I'm a little worried about being able to do it on my own. When we go in I feed treats while she sets him up and then rocks around on the board, pods, etc.

Tucker The Crestie said...

Wow, how exciting that Riley and Travis are in the book!

What Remains Now said...

I picked up a copy of this at Dewey Beach. It is so exciting to see all my beautiful "friends" who are featured It is a lovely book.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

It's on my 'wish list'. It's a wonderful way to raise funds for such a good cause. Maybe Seven will be in the next one, if they do another one:)

gyeong said...

Seven does seem a bit despondent that she isn't in it.

pearlthepuppy said...

Now I know what I am asking my mother to get me for my upcoming birthday. I can't think of a dog better suited than the greyhound to be a subject for art. Can't wait to see the whole book!

houndstooth said...

I have to agree, it's a beautiful book and I love that it's for such a worthy cause!

Poor Seven! I hear there's going to be another book next year, so I bet she'll get her chance!

Michelle said...

A great idea for such a great cause!

Winnie said...

What a great sentiment - and very true.

I believe many greyhounds only truly START to live once they are retired.

Love and licks, Winnie