Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Green Light

Riley has been given the green light to start rehab!  I am very happy!  The hock fracture is not completely filled in yet, but that can take months.  Dr. G said he was not worried about it especially since it has been mostly unsupported for four weeks and looks much better than last time.  He said I should not be concerned if she comes up sore some days.  To just give her a day off if that happens, but to call him if it persists more than a few days.  He asked me what my goals were.  I told him that since she has been off for 11 weeks that I planned to spend 11 weeks bringing her back and hoped to compete her again in January. Dr. G thought that was a good plan.
After our appointment, it was great to take Riley for an honest to goodness walk.  We did NOT go to the railroad bed trail although we probably would have had the place to ourselves on a rainy afternoon at 2 PM.  We chose to go to a hiking spot that is private property and we spent 30 minutes on those trails.  It was so good to be doing something with her.
Institutionalized - "But I am supposed to be in here" 

Dr. G said that Riley did not have to be confined in the house anymore.  She is not the most sensible dog so there will still be some restrictions, but it will be nice to give her more freedom.

20 comments:

What Remains Now said...

I'm so happy for you and Riley!

Nibs said...

I'm so happy that you can start getting her back to her old self again now :) She looks like such a lovely girl! Congratulations on the good news!

Declan said...

What a really cute girl, and great news for you. Love those ears. Hehe! Deccy x

BrittBeah said...

I'm so happy for the two of you. On a random note: Riley's face has become so grey. It's like it wasn't there then all of a sudden there it was. It's amazing how it sneaks up.

gyeong said...

I'm sure Riley is glad to be on 'parole' and looking forward to a full pardon in January.

IHeartDogs said...

Woot woot!! Hope rehab goes smoothly and that leg becomes stronger than ever so we can see you rock the ring in 2012. We love your adorable face Riley <3

Mad Red Hare said...

YAY!!! I know you are both so happy for that news.

jcp said...

Oh happy day!

K-Koira said...

Awesome news! I'm sure she will be happy happy happy about the increased freedom, and finally getting to work some!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Whew, such a relief to read that Riley has gotten the all clear this time! I know you're both going to have a lot of fun getting her back to full fitness and in action again:) Congratulations!

4-legged Wiums said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! that is fantastic news :)
I bet Riley was THRILLED to have a proper walk yesterday, and no doubt tired after it!

Witty Angel said...

Hurray for Riley! She is free to move again!

Tucker The Crestie said...

That's so great that Riley is officially in rehab mode. I'm sure you are SO relieved!

houndstooth said...

I am thrilled for you and Riley both! I know being confined has been really tough on both of you. I'm betting that thirty minute walk was the best in a long time!

Andreja said...

That's wonderful! You must have a ton of patience to suggest 11 weeks for rehabilitation... I don't know if I would be able to do this.

I'm looking forward to more agility videos of Riley :)

Kippy Marrie said...

Olá... Gostei de voce e do blog, estou seguindo. Ficarei feliz se vier me conhecer e seguir meu blog também. JOIN THIS SITE MY BLOG - MEMBERS MY BLOG YOU.
Te espero com alegria.
Aus da amiguinha brasileira ...

KIPPY

EVAinDC said...

Big sigh of relief and so happy for you all!

The Lady said...

Whoo Hoo!! Yay for Rehab time!

And yeah, I'd be avoiding the trail too. LOL

Muttsandaklutz said...

EXCELLENT news!!! Very happy for you both.

Kristin G. said...

Yay!! Enjoy your new found freedom, but be careful, Riley!