Friday, May 13, 2011

Frolic Fun

Last weekend, the hounds and I headed for "the farm".  I did not have any good photos of Seven running... well I do now!  The photo above was clearly the "Shot of the Day".  While I tossed a toy, my sister, Denise, took pictures.
In some of the photos, Seven looks wet because she just had a bath. 

Occasionally at agility trials, the photographer will capture me running alongside my dog and more often than not I appear awkward and weird looking.  Well, greyhounds do not always appear graceful and beautiful either.  Here are some of the funny shots.
 Riley was not the best subject, but Denise captured a few interesting shots.
We also got to meet this precious fellow.  Interestingly, that is his surrogate mother.  She carried him, gave birth to him, and is raising him, but they are not biologically related.  The mare the owner was trying to breed would not get pregnant so this was Plan B.  If I remember correctly, he is a Dutch Warmblood.
And I even rode.  I used to ride until I got out of college and dog agility stole me away.  No need to pick on my equitation.  I can see what I am doing wrong.  I am just very rusty and had not ridden in a year.
Maria, my arms look good, don't they? :-)

11 comments:

Maria Peters said...

Those arms look smokin' hot!

XTRAWLD said...

Everyone is lookin' good. Wonderful hound action shots!!

Winnie said...

Poetry in motion!

Muttsandaklutz said...

Love all those fun photos! Some great ones and some funny ones there! What a gorgeous horse, too.

Megan said...

Oh man, I love these photos! So much personality, and the farm just looks beautiful. Those horses are just stunning.

4-legged Wiums said...

looks like you all had a great time.
Helen is very jealous that you got to ride, grey horses are the best. Your position is great for someone who hasn't ridden in ages!!

Swellbelle said...

I can't help but smile at these photos. Greyhounds in their element, running, playing, free. Great photos. I tried action shots with my brindle ribs girl but they have some way to go to catch up with yours.

jet said...

happy Seven! by the way barbie is snuffling and running in her sleep right now, I think she is dreaming of a similar place!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

You can't help but smile to see dogs having fun and racing around with big grins on their faces. Lovely photos.

Did you have some sore muscles after your first time on a horse in a year?

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Yes, a little sore! :-)

andrea said...

lovely field trip - glad you got to ride :) (you look great to my eye and so does the horse!)