Monday, August 23, 2010

Teetering

Reagan's hiatus from agility competition was caused by her noise phobias and the teeter. Currently, her motor and engine noise phobias are being controlled by BuSpar. I believe her teeter problem was caused primarily by not recognizing it as a teeter and by the noise it creates when it slams down. It appears to be much louder indoors and under a roof than in my open air field.

A friend with a similar dog problem and I hauled my teeter and some jumps to the local agility trial venue, Wills Park. We set up some sequences inside the covered arena so our dogs could practice the teeter and hear the louder noise. Both dogs did great. It remains to be seen if this helps or not. I am guarded as there are just so many factors with Reagan.



10 comments:

gyeong said...

Sounds pretty loud to me, and she didn't even flinch. Looking good.

Sue said...

I love watching your videos. I hope the training under cover has helped.

Aragon greyhounds said...

She looks VERY comfortable with the teeter now. I am impressed with how well she is doing-and of course your dedicated hard work. Hope you trial her soon in Standard.

Sandy ~~~ said...

I guess it's just a learning thing and you are certainly giving her all the opportunities to be exposed to everything and anything. Let your imagination be your guide.

houndstooth said...

She doesn't look like it bothers her even a little bit! I hope she'll be out going through her paces again in no time!

Michelle said...

Looking good....fingers crossed. :)

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

That looked effortless and she looked very happy and the noise sounded loud on this end of the video! Good luck with her fears.

greytblackdog said...

She looks great. Stupid teeter! I hate that thing too :)

whygreyhounds said...

She is looking good! Fingers X she is 'out & about' trialing one day for you.

Kathy said...

Looking good Reagan & Jen! Your dedication is awesome. Keep it up. I know it can be tiring.