Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jet Update Part 2

Scroll down to the last post for Part 1. Ray sent me a better picture of Jet. He really does look so much better from when I last saw him in February.
Ray says, "I don't see much of the dogs in the evenings (he works evenings), so I miss out on some stuff. Jet flops down on the feet of whoever is sitting watching TV. If they don't give his belly a toe massage, he jumps up, glares at their face, and then flops down on their feet more forcibly until they work their toes."
Jet really does look so much better (below is a picture from February). I think he will always have a bald belly and thighs, but I am so glad to see that his face and legs are filling in.

8 comments:

Hiking Hounds said...

Wow, his fur does look a lot better. He looks pretty cozy too!

BrittBeah said...

Ray has a Wii and awesome dogs. He's gotta be a cool guy.

I wonder if black greys are just predisposition to have bald chests and thighs. Both of mine are bald, especially during the summer.

IHateToast said...

jet is a great trainer. toe and belly rubs are great for exhausted parents, too.

our bald thighs are always hot thighs. tamale? fur and normal. omo? toasty, baldish. a friend's? bald and scalding. also a darker dog. hm.

it's not as much of a concern in the subtropics. just have to rub the bum and belly with sunscreen. that hole in the ozone? yeah, above oz.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Britt, you might be right. My 2 black greyhounds both had a bald belly and thighs.

Jen

Life at Star's Rest said...

Thank you for visiting and commenting about our new boy! I'm going to enjoy reading your blog and maybe it will inspire me to teach our couch potatoes a few things. ;)

Oh...I've had two black GH boys and one girl now and they were/are fully haired. Carmon

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I guess that throws out the black bald greyhound theory. Thanks for the visit, Star's Rest, and everyone else, of course.

Jen

Scott said...

Looks MUCH better!

Life With Dogs said...

Jet looks far better! By the way, I got you in the list just now, had your link but had not made it there quite yet. Added :)