Friday, October 10, 2008

Agility Progress Report





Here is Reagan's video from last Tuesday. She's doing awesome. I don't think I could be happier. This is a really long sequence/course interupted with lots of treats. The weave poles are open about 3 inches, but she is starting to understand that they can be in the middle of a course and you approach from different angles.












I am sure that everything else will be ready once I can close the weave poles completely. Closing the weaves from 12 to 3 inches is a few steps, but closing them from 3 to 0 inches is a mile. So we still have a lot of work to do... But she still is only 18 months old!


8 comments:

Addie said...

She looks AMAZING! I love these videos. :-)

BrittBeah said...

I can't wait for my pup to look so cool! Do you use voice cues to tell her to do things like tunnel and weave? or do you just use hand signals?

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

Kudos! Amazing....

Sientay L said...

She looks almost like Katie ;)
Great job.

What's the hoop for at the beginning of the dog walk? So she will go on dog walk correctly?

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks everyone. I try not to talk too much. When I speak, I want it to be important. Most of my directional cues are hand signals, the direction I am facing and moving, and a little voice. I will say "Reagan" to get her attention if she's going wide and "go" to get her to jump ahead so I can cross behind.

The dogwalk hoop is to develope a habit of just striding on. Big dogs have a tendency of jumping onto the dogwalk once they get comforable and that jump usually lands on the other side of the yellow contact zone. If I use a hoop consistantly in training, she should continue to stride on when competing as well.

Jen

Mielikki's Hunt said...

i love it. . what's the hoop at the end of the dog walk for?

We're taking a break from class right now, got a busy month next month with racing, and trying for a leg of Gossip's Rally this month, so decided a mental break was good, but you awe me :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks, Mielikki's Hunt. See my comment above yours. Good luck with Gossip.

Jen

Amy said...

Jen,
I love watching your videos. Thanks for posting them!