Friday, September 26, 2008

Memorial


This memorial ad for Travis was placed in the October issue of Clean Run magazine. Clean Run is "the" agility magazine. I would like to thank my husband, Stephen, for hijacking my email address book and sending all the addresses to my sister, Denise. Denise emailed everyone asking for contributions and collected the money. She gathered all of the pictures and designed the layout. Denise, thank you for doing almost all of the work.

I was not suppose to find out about it just yet, but someone with the electronic version had seen it. I did not know this person personally, but she had seen Travis before. She took the time to visit my website and send me a nice note mentioning she had seen the ad. So I immediately went looking for it. To all the contributors, thank you. There are too many of you to count. I am thanking you all individually and currently working my way through the list. A few folks I did not even know. Needless to say, I was surprised and excited when I saw it. It is so beautiful.

Well, Travis has been gone 2 months as of today. I miss him so much, but the girls are keeping me busy. I noticed last night that Wylie's last race was on the day Travis passed away. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but maybe it does. I think I will pretend that all was meant to be and everything is going as planned.

11 comments:

KF-in-Georgia said...

A lovely and fitting memorial to your boy. I look back at your blog pages about Travis quite often. I skip back past the pages where he was ill, and go back to his good competition pages to read.

I'm looking forward to reading good competition pages about the girls.

Pam said...

The ad is beautiful! I cried when I saw that upper-left photo of him with the bumper in his mouf!

I believe it is more than coincidence that Tilly ran her last race on the day our sweet boy died. Jigmo/Travis will always be a little bit mine in my heart.

Hug Tilly and that evil red girl for me!!!!

Gerry said...

Thanks for posting this, Jen. I am so sorry you lost your sweet boy. I still cannot believe he is gone.
Gerry

Chris said...

Jen, you and your hounds deserve the praise and honor you get. Your family has invested in so many of our lives through introductions to obedience or agility or barfing and so on. You've learned things and passed them on to help us bond with our four-legged residents.

Sientay L said...

The ad is beautiful! What a handsome dog Travis was. I love looking at his photos.
Some things are meant to be, and maybe Wylie was meant to be yours. Like Pam said, Wyie's last race might be more than a coincidence.

BTW, I didn't see Denise's name on the ad.

Great job, Denise!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks everyone. Yes, somehow Denise forgot to add her own name. Can you believe that?!?!? Well, I won't forget :-).

Jen

IHateToast said...

it's nice to see how many people he touched.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the ad. I have not yet received my October issue of Clean Run in the mail and was dying to see it. It is awesome!

Janet S.

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Jen,
This was ALL Paula's (Matt's mom) idea! Course the idea was the easy part ;-)
I'm so glad that you love it...I wish I hadn't had to turn the project over to a friend, but I just didn't have the software for it. I could not believe how many people contributed and responded the way they did, you have some true friends and admirers...
My name was left off, I know, no worries.

greytblackdog said...

I love it. It really is an awesome tribute and a really cool idea. What a wicked cool sister you have.

I believe in fate. I believe in things are meant to be. It was more than a coincidence the connection between Riley and Travis.

Mikey said...

That totally brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet thing to do! He certainly was loved.
I keep lil shrines to my favorite dogs, special boxes filled with their ashes, a picture, their collar, last tags. Can't help it, dogs are people too!

That really is a great tribute. Just beautiful.