Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tracking at Old Mill


Today, Stephen and I took Travis and Allie tracking at Old Mill Farm. We met Kate Crawford with her Jack Russell, Indy. We take turns laying tracks for each other. Travis did awesome. He did 3 tracks - 20, 40, and 80 yards long. On his last track, I always use his favorite toy, a bumper, as the last article to find and his reward is to run around with it.

Katie fetches her toy for fun and exercise at Old Mill.




Reagan practiced her sits, downs, and targets. She did really well. We also did some van loading practice. It was fairly good today. I also finally got her to pee somewhere other than the backyard. She peed at 7 AM in the backyard this morning. She ate and drank. Had lots of training treats. Never peed at Old Mill Farm. Got home and she wouldn't pee in the front yard, so I put her in the crate and went to the gym. I took her out front again, but no luck. I put her back in her crate and I waited another hour and again no luck, so back in the crate she went. Finally at 4 PM, she decided to pee on leash in the front yard. Yeah!