Monday, August 1, 1994

Submission


Overly submissive is not my favorite trait. Jes was would crawl with her head low, tail between her legs, and would occasionally urinate. Once, she peed all over my bed when I tried to slide her over..... needless to say, she lost human bed priviledges for a few years. She truly wanted to please you and to do no wrong. She wasn't shy, but definitely some fear there. It is funny because when I think back, we really did a good job of getting Jessie to become more confident and to stand tall. Whenever she approached me in a submissive manner, I ignored her. I did not praise the trait I did not like about her. But when she stood tall, I praised her. Eventually, standing tall became a habit and eventually her nature. I also think that lure coursing was a huge confidence builder as well.