Monday, March 29, 2010

Only Two

I was a little disappointed that Reagan only got 2 first places. After all she is more experienced than her sister, Riley..... just kidding. I was thrilled that Reagan also had a good agility trial weekend. Reagan earned first place in Open Standard (the middle level) earning her Open Standard title (OA). I moved her up to Excellent Standard A on Sunday. I will be so glad when Reagan and Riley both are in Excellent.

The first two runs on the video are of Reagan's qualifying runs on Saturday. On Sunday, her Open Jumpers run was not filmed. She ran really well and nailed a difficult weave entrance perfectly. I was very happy about that, but then she did some extra jumps which is not an allowable error in Open. The last run on the video is Reagan's Excellent Standard debut. She ran well, but we had some issues with noises as we were waiting to go in, so I felt a bit rushed to get started. She was more than happy to get moving. You cannot see it on the video, but I felt an issue at the teeter. I don't think it will be an ongoing problem, but at that moment I think she was still in hyper listening mode and the teeter slam startled her and she missed the weaves.

All in all, she did great. The challenge is in her management between classes.

10 comments:

houndstooth said...

She looks wonderful going through the paces!

Sandy ~~~ said...

Terrific --- such an inspiration...and to think, someday I will understand what all the classes are get to do them with my Greyhound.

gyeong said...

She looks very proud of her blue ribbons. Kinda has that 'I told you I could do it' look on her face :)

KF-in-Georgia said...

She looked good. It's a shame, though, that she can't chill out with her own MP3 player between runs. :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

KF, it actually has crossed my mind. I was thinking about hooking her up to her own Ipod for when we are just walking or hanging out. She is actually better in the car if I have the radio up a little too loud.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Oh, and thanks everyone!

Muttsandaklutz said...

Beautiful runs. You two make it look so easy.

KF-in-Georgia said...

When I first got Jacey and she started to persuade herself that she was afraid of thunder, I started playing a thunder and rain CD overnight. It nicely drowns out neighbors, and it masks lots of other noises. She quickly realized the CD was harmless. Then she and Sam and I sat in the carport and watched rain and lightning during a couple of storms. Now she barely wakes up and glances at the window when she hears thunder: I think she's trying to figure out whether it's real or it's the CD player.

Laura of the Kudzu said...

Wow, you had a great weekend with both dogs. Riley looked fantastic as did Reagan. Your little Reagan sure is teaching you a lot of new management skills.

Love that despite Reagan's other issues, she has moved up to Excellent so quickly. Great trainer, great dogs. Congrats!

Jen said...

Wow, Reagan looks fabulous! I can't believe your hounds are so attentive to you in the ring!

Jen